The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Seibon Carbon Roof Skin

StuartW

Hi I have a rare Seibon carbon roof for sale!

It has slight damage on the Passenger side windscreen pillar where the wind unfortunatley got under it on my journey home last week! It would be an easy repair as these are fiberglass with the Carbon weive on top...a genuine full carbon roof would cost Much Much more than these. the snapped off part to repair is only as wide as the pillar (Around 30mm) so i know there are guys who can re do damaged carbon back to perfection, or you could cut the opposing side off to match.

it requires a good clean and is a lovely fit over the original roof.

http://www.j-w-racing.co.uk/product.php/4741/1513/seibon_carbon_fibre_roof_for_1993__1998_toyota_supra

They cost £1050 new!!

Asking £400 for quick sale and collection only.

Would also hide any roof/pillar/rear quarter damage easily!

attachment.php?attachmentid=139545&d=1232210470

attachment.php?attachmentid=139546&d=1232210470

attachment.php?attachmentid=139547&d=1232210470

Sorry, I can't get my head around his this works. How does that mate/blend to the car? Is this for aerotops? My Supra had some dick standing on it recently so needs a new roof skin. :(

This fits over the top of the original roof, although you could prob remove a lot of metalwork and bond this on instead, I believe Ryan G did this on his track car, you would need to see if this does fit an aero though. Hurry up im very tempted to buy this and some carbon doors, wings , bonnet and tailgate for daywalker.

It will fit an aero or a hardtop just the same.

Ryan used the horizontal roof lines to finish the skin, he had a weird huge roof scoop hole he wanted to hide.

It is designed to be stuck over the top or as dude said you could cut out the steel underneath to lighten further.

when it was fitted to my car it was just stuck on with double sided tape..hence why a bit blew off Doh!

I would use sikaflex polyurathane adhesive..or even tigerseal type stuff.

the only part that would have to be blended into the original body would be where the skin finishes in a straight line behind the quarter light, you could make a feature or line here and have a colour change. like SW's Black/Red Boostlogic supra.

I may still consider selling the Seibon carbon doors, wings and boot on the new car but it would mean using the blue panels from the blue supra..Which would make it worth less as it is currently for sale...but maybe a deal could be worked as i dont want to run carbon panels....especially if Dude is.

Dude Maybe you have some Panels to swop?

Not decided on a colour yet but thinking the same Blue...if so then to keep my blue panels and sell the carbon ones would mean less paint work required later!!

It will fit an aero or a hardtop just the same.

Ryan used the horizontal roof lines to finish the skin, he had a weird huge roof scoop hole he wanted to hide.

It is designed to be stuck over the top or as dude said you could cut out the steel underneath to lighten further.

when it was fitted to my car it was just stuck on with double sided tape..hence why a bit blew off Doh!

I would use sikaflex polyurathane adhesive..or even tigerseal type stuff.

the only part that would have to be blended into the original body would be where the skin finishes in a straight line behind the quarter light, you could make a feature or line here and have a colour change. like SW's Black/Red Boostlogic supra.

I may still consider selling the Seibon carbon doors, wings and boot on the new car but it would mean using the blue panels from the blue supra..Which would make it worth less as it is currently for sale...but maybe a deal could be worked as i dont want to run carbon panels....especially if Dude is.

Dude Maybe you have some Panels to swop?

Not decided on a colour yet but thinking the same Blue...if so then to keep my blue panels and sell the carbon ones would mean less paint work required later!!

Thought you were going white Stu !!!! Thats why Im going black !!!

Dude black and carbon would look ace!

So its looking like an aqua marine blue/green like my old powerboat

or an emerald green

http://uk.cars.yahoo.com/24112010/36/t/new-vauxhall-corsa-unveiled-0.html

Mint green is too white really for me and i am sure i have seen it before on drag cars.

i think white would be too hard to keep clean, because she is an aerotop the cage/chassis i think has to go black whatever colour the body is.

When we are doing the street eliminator cruise with the top off my theme is to look as much like a supra as possible, so any coloured cage will stand out.

DONT GO BLUE!

As said before having 2 blue supras in the same class will not make the car shine when it does a 6 as people will think it is the JPS car

I would imagine Leon will run a 6 at prob the first meeting of 2012, he has a completly new set up, cams , turbo etc and was only a nads away with his old set up, the suspension is all set up and thats far more important than power on a car like these.

aggh yes, portugal is a little far to "ammicably meet up"

Edit..Hang on i do have a friend in portugal that returns fortnightly via road if you are really interested??

Let me have your exact location?

Stuart I am totally serious, does he have a Van? because I am fixing to make a big order and I would be willing to pay for the service.

aggh yes, portugal is a little far to "ammicably meet up"

Edit..Hang on i do have a friend in portugal that returns fortnightly via road if you are really interested??

Let me have your exact location?

Ericeira it's 25mins drive from Lisbon Airport...!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yes its a 1 piece roof skin, not just the middle part, its moulded to fit really well over a stock roof to replicate the lines and curves or you could even cut out the original tin work. The only reason i am selling as i now have an aerotop supra.

Thanks

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.