The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Facelift Single Turbo (730 bhp) Big Spec Car

add heywood

After 3 great years of ownership the time has come to put the Supra up for sale :( With a young family looking to move up the property ladder I can no longer justify spending lots of money on my car. It has been a great car since I have had it, and will be really sad to see it go. It is a real attention seeker, and gets lots of praise when at shows and generally driving about.

About the car

It is a 1996 Facelift Supra RZ Greddy T88 Single Turbo 6 speed. It has approx 65k miles (as in kilometres before conversion on import). I has only covered around 3.5k miles in the time I have owned it, and is kept in a garage and not used over winter. MOT until May 2012. The car was bought from Jurgen at Jm-imports in September 2008 as a private import. It has been maintained by traders on the forum and has had a lot of money sorting any issues, and general maintainance it needed. I take pride in my cars and their appearance and have built my dream car.

The single conversion had been done in Japan and was running around 500 bhp before the first round of mods I did got 549 bhp. The latest mods have seen the power increase to around 730 bhp @ 1.2 bar, tuned by AFR and mapped by Matt (muffleman) on TDI's rototest dyno.

Specs

Engine:

Greddy T88 34-D with cast manifold

External wastegate

AFR race spec cylinder head (large valves, uprated springs & retainers, bigger flow), rebuilt and checked around 500 miles ago

AFR supplied brand new 280 cams (done around 500 miles)

HKS cam pullies

Gates racing timing belt (500 miles)

ARP head stud kit

Trust 3 row intercooler with polished hard pipe kit

Trust oil cooler and filter relocation

Envy large air filter

Polished inlet manifold

Straight through 4" exhaust (with bung if needed)

TRD rad cap

Fueling, Tuning & ECU

Apexi Power FC with Commander (mapped by Matt (muffleman) from AFR tuning to around 730 bhp)

Blitz SBC boost controller

1000cc injectors

Twin walbro fuel setup on twin hanger

Fuelmotive FPR

Solaris 3 bar map sensor

Drivetrain

Rebuilt 6 speed box - When I picked the car up from Jurgen 4th gear synchro was slighlty worn. The car went to Pip Gardner at WGT and box was rebult and all worn parts changed at a cost of almost £2k

Ogura clutch

Lightened flywheel

Giken/Kaaz 2 way LSD - Was in from Japan

Suspension, Wheels & Brakes

Tein coilovers with in car EDFC control unit

Volk Rays 19" GT-V (9.5 & 10.5J) in Rays chrome finish - These are some of the nicest wheels imo on a supra, and is what get alot of attention.

Uk spec brakes front and rear

Front Cusco strut brace

Exterior

Ridox front bumper

Ridox half carbon side skirts

OEM rear spats

Autoshine carbon rear diffuser

Autoshine Ridox front carbon splitter & undertray to fit the Ridox bumper

Abflug bonnet

TRD half carbon rear spoiler with carbon end caps

Clear side repeaters and rear markers

Cold air feed

Interior

Recaro seats - Have been upholstered in black leather with white middle (from JM-imports)

Full set of 5 Defi BF gauges (oil temp, oil pressure, water temp, boost, EGT) with controller

Momo sterring wheel

TRD gaitors

Trust gear knob

In car touch screen Sat Nav/DVD/ipod

Pioneer speakers in front and back with separate tweeters

-g-CK8FMm_8

I haven't really got any pics of it with the full Ridox kit on, if you follow this link [link removed as contained virus!!!!] and look on the 4th line down you will see a couple. Also some from JAE this year...

I'm only testing the water with this to see if there is any interest. As said I am looking to move to a bigger house but this will only be in around 6 - 12 months. I understand these cars can take a while to sell... I have probably missed many things off this advert so will update accordingly.

£17,950

What would you consider a 'sensible' offer? ball park?

I'm not interested, but I've just sold my car after a ton of hassle - my tip for you Sir would be to be as direct as possible. If you leave it 'open for offers' no-one will come near... except the pi$$ takers ;)

Sorry to hear your selling :thumbs:

Your car is more or less exactly what I will be after. It will probably be around the 12 month mark when I'm ready to buy though, which may fit in perfectly for you? what kind of money are you wanting, justy a ballpark figure please?

This years bonus has gone on a new bathroom for the house - next years bonus isnt spoken for yet though ;)

Paul.

Cracking looking car Add. As mentioned, you'd be helping yourself by putting a 'ball park' figure up or you'll get lots of time wasters making contact with you. Really liking white supras nowadays and the Ridox kit is a thing of beauty. GLWTS

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.