The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Ex Show winning TT Supra (Auto)- Lambo Yellow!

Arron

i used to live in Loughton/Woodford for the whole of 2011, dno if you ever saw a Silver Supra around them parts.

You mean Lambo yellow....well I'm like the milkman you only catch me if the timings right ;-0

That can't be right. Can it?

Well technically it has a limit or I'd be sat on Mars right now. All that means is that it wont flutter like normal cars when it reaches the red line, it will just keep to the max constantly

Well technically it has a limit or I'd be sat on Mars right now. All that means is that it wont flutter like normal cars when it reaches the red line, it will just keep to the max constantly

I don't get it. Do you mean it has full throttle gear change? What do you mean 'flutter'? I'm not trying to be an arse, but if I were buying the car I'd like to know more about this.

You mean it hits the limiter like a diesel? Rather than the needle bouncing off the limiter, it just stays there and the pitch of the engine doesn't change/revs fluctuate?

I don't get it. Do you mean it has full throttle gear change? What do you mean 'flutter'? I'm not trying to be an arse, but if I were buying the car I'd like to know more about this.

Sorry Gaz, the car is auto and changes gear (while in D) as per ecu requirements but as you are no doubt aware the auto box can be made to hold gears so change is dictated by the driver i.e you can hold the gears and in doing so the max rev limit can be reached without the car popping like normal when car usually reach the rev limit. Instead of hearing like a machine gun you hear a constant high rev noise, hope this helps....

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.