The mkiv Supra Owners Club

More Bad News - Burgled Last Saturday Both Cars etc stolen

Sheefa

Hi all

Only just got back on the net as Laptop taken too.

Last Saturday Lynne and I went out for dinner between 8pm and 11pm locally. Both front doors and all entry points locked and secured.

Came home at 11:15pm to find both of our cars gone (My 2010 Plate Mountune Focus ST and Lynne's 2010 Plate Fiesta Titanium). Front door was open, laptops, golf clubs, cameras, xbox games etc etc gone. They left the TV's as they were mounted to the wall and the printer etc.

Spare keys were under the bed in our room in Lynne's handbag. They went through all our drawers etc too.

My emotional state has now changed from pure anger and violence to a deep sickness and empty feeling knowing that someone/something has taken our prized possessions that we both work so hard for and violated our home. Our whole lives have been tainted by this experience.

Police have no news yet, going through the usual insurance hoops and I work in Insurance! Nightmare.

Please stay vigilant people and make sure your cars have a tracker fitted! :Pling:

A very gutted and sad Greg. :(

Horrible mate, I'm fortunate that I've never had to go through that personally but my Grandparents did when I was younger and it was horrific for me then.. even though it wasn't my house/belongings.

Total sense of violation mate, hope you get things sorted quickly.

Thanks guys.

No witnesses and the neighbour on the left is some old Chavvy lady with 4 poodles that has caused us hell with the noise so she wouldn't be particularly helpful.

It does make you wonder why we have nice items and spend our hard earned cash on our pride and joy when some scum can take it without hesitation. I took a photo of the porch, attached. I can't see how anyone could of got in. Minor damage to the bottom but surely there would be much more if they broke in with force. The porch doors and front door was locked and the porch is very secure. There are some scuff marks at the bottom of it and the police initially thought they might of lifted the porch door off the hinges using a crowbar or some sort of leverage. However, the Locksmith (who was excellent and been in the trade for 25+ years) just doesn't see how this is possible. He said when you try and lift up the door all that happens is the top bolts move further up into the recess lock making it harder to get in! This leads us to believe that either a: someone is very clever and knows EXACTLY how to get past UPVC doors or b: someone had a key to the porch (previous owner, maybe the old couple's minder etc - who knows). We had the front door lock changed when we moved in but not the porch doors. Obviously a lesson for the future but I suppose you don't always think about it until it happens

[ATTACH=CONFIG]138938[/ATTACH]

This is nightmare.

Very sorry to hear about your burglary like many others I know how you feel being a victim a few times myself (Car x2 house x1, Family business x 5). But I may be able to help with the means of their entry. They may have "bumped" the lock on the porch door (google bumping plenty of you tube videos showing exactly how it can be done).

It happened to me but luckily I was in the flat at the time, It was late, the front door was locked (by a REKO lock one of the best security locks in the business) but I heard a scrabling sound and woke up to someone opening the door. I don't think he was expecting to be greeted by a half naked man holding a 20 oz claw hammer :) Anyway he legged it after I lunged at him. After he had gone I checked the lock and door for damage and their was none, based on that I thought (based on previous experiences) calling the coppers was a waste of my time and theirs as nothing was taken.

Anyway I searched on the internet for how this guy could have gotten in and "bumping" the lock seemed the likeliest method which he used.

As I said feel for your loss, but I hope this may answer your question and help you in the future with securing the property.

Feel for you Greg, I really do. I've been burgled a couple of times myself some years ago and found it very distressing. The thought of some oiks going through all your stuff is just horrible... took me quite a long time to get over it (and still worry like hell every time I come back home even after leaving the house for a few hours) :(

The police were great though and quickly found the drug addict chavs that did it (by a DNA match), they got some months in youth detention, even the main officer handling my case was furious with the judge, calling it a slap on the wrist.

Best to bulk up on the home security as you're much more likely to get hit again once you've been done once. The police officers dealing with my case were very helpful and provided some very good advice, specific to my house. Touch wood, I've not been burgled since making the changes they recommended.

Best to bulk up on the home security as you're much more likely to get hit again once you've been done once. The police officers dealing with my case were very helpful and provided some very good advice, specific to my house. Touch wood, I've not been burgled since making the changes they recommended.

What was their advice? Might be things there useful to others possibly.

sorry to here this,

i dont want to worry you but please keep in mind they may return after a while knowing you would of sorted your insurance out and will have new replacements for the items they have taken..

where i used to live i had 5 attempted break ins and 2 successful, the second time they ransacked the house settees and the beds turned upside down,wardrobes emptied, not a nice experience coming home to that,

you seriously need to think like a scally when your hiding things away like keys, jewellery.etc,

the fist time they got in they found stuff i had under the settee and pillows and the bed,at the back of the wardrobe, so the second time i had put them in the strangest of places,yes they ransacked the house looking for the replacements from the first attempt, but they didnt get everything they came for,

i did ask the police if they could make something clear for me reguarding reasonable force being 6'3 and at the time 18 stone how reasonable can i be if there is 2,3,4. 9 or 10 stone scallys in my house and i catch them in there how i stand if i go to town on all of them, the answer i got was--off the record do what you have to being outnumbered and in fear of your own safety..

i have a lighter in the bedroom near cans of aerosols [great flame thrower], an old iron for a bit of weight,[and not out of place] as i was told i could get done for using my baseball bat..

Sorry to hear this Greg.

It's around 10 years since we got done and it's not pleasant. They took my work computer, Vicki's handbag (keys, phone etc inside) and took her almost new Toyota Celica. There was no forced entry and we assumed that the company that fitted our new double glazing a week beofre were involved. I was still in the Police at the time and made some enquiries but there was no evidence that they were involved.

Mrs H wanted to move house but we couldn't be in a better place. We are close to family and live in quiet cul de sac with really nosey neighbours.

A decent alarm will help but there is always someone daft enough to have a go. Hope you get sorted soon.

H.