The mkiv Supra Owners Club

how long goes a 1 gallon water/meth last

mellonman

was you just running a intercooler as your only way of cooling intakes for a while before you had noz fitted?

how much does the noz drop intake/cylider temps or egt do you know?

Just a 5" ETS IC, Water injection made no difference to my intake temps whatsoever.

I only use the nitrous at the drag strip and only pre boost, never on the road, all day at suprapod i only used 1.5 lb of a 10 lb bottle, id imagine it does reduce the temp but when racing the gauges was the last thing i would look at.

Just a 5" ETS IC, when racing the gauges was the last thing i would look at.

That is a very good point,

instead of adding water/meth i should just turn the boost down to drop the temps thinking about it.

in sure you know how it is just thinking of ways to drop them drag times :D

i am not monitering intake temps at the moment

i have a poor spec aswell

stage 3 cr turbos

650 injectors

fic 8

hks intercooler

blitz panel filter

sard fpr

trying to work my way up the hybrid 1/4 times

got a 13.5 time at suprapod with the fastest trap speed tt but so far down the 60 ft 5th from bottom so lots of room to improve as it was my first time, but got the bug now as the car just sits there doing nothing, i keep looking to do these events and as i live next to brands hatch im going there again monday for a 20 min teaser.

I read a CW post on the subject and decided to get the kit fitted.

Topped I up with 50/50 meth in Feb and it's still has 3/4 of a tank left. Mine only comes on at 1.2bar and am using the smallest aem jet

When it was 1st installed it went through a full tank in 3 weeks, needless to say it wasn't setup correctly.

Imi

Until you log or at least are able to watch intake air temps pre and post intercooler you are never going to be able to make an informed choice as to whether WI is likely to be of use or not. If I were to run more than the 1.3 bar boos I currently run on my Skyline engine I would definitely use WI, I regularly see 5 to 10 degrees C air temp reduction after the IC with it. Some systems are much better than others, crop spraying pumps don't hack it.