The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The Claim Guys??

a98pmalcolm

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can do it yourself mate. Google "MoneySavingExpert" and he has a massive section about it on the site. He also has template letters to take the work away.

These "claims guys" will take a nice chunk of your return for what is essentially a couple of letters and an hour or two of your time.

It was absolutely p1ss easy to do it yourself!!! Don't go through a claim company whatever you do.

Here you go:

click

Basically, print this off:

click

Fill it in and post it to the bank that gave you the PPI (not necessarily the loan company). This was as far as we got, Lloyds wrote back saying they agreed and would put the money in my bank, I got £400 odd plus £300 odd paid into the remaining loan account.

If they reply saying they disagree there is a process to follow on that MSE link, but basically print this and send it, threatening them with the Financial Ombudsman Service, then if they come back again with a 'no' or a rubbish offer then print this and send it to the FOS.

If you can cancel the 'pro' company dealing with it for you, just do it yourself it's SOOOOOO easy.

For the information above I only ask for 15% of what you win. :D

And more importantly:

It's annoyingly easy to get back thousands of pounds! When I see the PPI adverts or get cold called by those companies it makes me cringe, just want to tell them to stick their claims up their butt!

• 4 months later...

Hay all. Digging up and old thread to here to let you know that the claims guys are genuine and they got me £2000 but there charge with VAT came to £700

I did nothing to help the process nor have to dig out old loan forms, they just sent the form off that they sent me of which I had to fill out next to nothing and they got me money that I wasn't expecting or thought of trying to get :)

It paid for my Syvecs ECU :D

Oh I did look into doing it myself but looking at my forms I had actually ticked I want the PPI. TBH I never even thought of trying to claim anything back so I didn't mind going through a company

Hay all. Digging up and old thread to here to let you know that the claims guys are genuine and they got me £2000 but there charge with VAT came to £700

I did nothing to help the process nor have to dig out old loan forms, they just sent the form off that they sent me of which I had to fill out next to nothing and they got me money that I wasn't expecting or thought of trying to get :)

So you lost 700.00 by not doing it yourself?

How do you claim yourself when you don't know where to look :p

Well you need to check back on your previous loans to see if payment protection insurance was included. If it was and you weren't made aware or didn't understand what it was then you can claim back the amount you paid for the insurance.

Oh I did look into doing it myself but looking at my forms I had actually ticked I want the PPI. TBH I never even thought of trying to claim anything back so I didn't mind going through a company

You do know you got Robbed right?

It takes all of 5 minutes to fill out the form, send off... and wait! :D

That could have been £700 for a new games rig!

Well you need to check back on your previous loans to see if payment protection insurance was included. If it was and you weren't made aware or didn't understand what it was then you can claim back the amount you paid for the insurance.

I've never took out a big loan before now but I suspect it must be either from old credit cards or car insurance (I've been shelling loads out for car insurance for last few years). The big problemo is I switched insurers oftens and pretty much don't have the documentation for the old insurance anymore lol. Could I just take a stabd in the dark and send letter to all my previous insurers lol. I've got 2 legit emails saying £2750 is mine to be claimed lol.

I've never took out a big loan before now but I suspect it must be either from old credit cards or car insurance (I've been shelling loads out for car insurance for last few years). The big problemo is I switched insurers oftens and pretty much don't have the documentation for the old insurance anymore lol. Could I just take a stabd in the dark and send letter to all my previous insurers lol. I've got 2 legit emails saying £2750 is mine to be claimed lol.

Unless you took out a loan to pay for the car insurance then I doubt it'll be that. Not sure about credit cards either... it could even be just companies sending out the same letter to thousands of people hoping that some who call in will actually have PPI outstanding. That sort of thing wouldn't surprise me. The type of firms who sort this out for people aren't generally the sort of people you'd want to go down the pub with, if you get my drift. Case in point is our OP in this thread, who got fleeced for £700.

Unless you took out a loan to pay for the car insurance then I doubt it'll be that. Not sure about credit cards either... it could even be just companies sending out the same letter to thousands of people hoping that some who call in will actually have PPI outstanding. That sort of thing wouldn't surprise me. The type of firms who sort this out for people aren't generally the sort of people you'd want to go down the pub with, if you get my drift. Case in point is our OP in this thread, who got fleeced for £700.

Yeah true. I actually entertained a cold caller during my lunch time because I was bored. He started off sounding legit and knowledgable but all went downhill when he started asking me for details to fill in. I mean, as a "claims manager" shouldn't he be doing that :p Sounds like he gets paid £££ just to fill in some forms!

Yeah true. I actually entertained a cold caller during my lunch time because I was bored. He started off sounding legit and knowledgable but all went downhill when he started asking me for details to fill in. I mean, as a "claims manager" shouldn't he be doing that :p Sounds like he gets paid £££ just to fill in some forms!

Yep, he probably does mate. You'd be surprised how much information about people is worth to some companies. It's quite shocking!

I've never took out a big loan before ........... I've got 2 legit emails saying £2750 is mine to be claimed lol.

Are you joking? Before I changed my mobile number I was getting 2 or 3 texts or calls a day saying I could claim £3750 for the accident I had last year - I never had an accident last year or any year!

They send out mass communications to any list of contacts they have, hoping stupid people will phone them under the misty allure of free cash, they just want you to apply through them to claim it, except they're tricking you into starting the claim process.

Are you joking? Before I changed my mobile number I was getting 2 or 3 texts or calls a day saying I could claim £3750 for the accident I had last year - I never had an accident last year or any year!

They send out mass communications to any list of contacts they have, hoping stupid people will phone them under the misty allure of free cash, they just want you to apply through them to claim it, except they're tricking you into starting the claim process.

Ah ok. Have a few ridiculous ones but one or two have my correct details (full name, current address...) but I guess it's easy to get those information :p