The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Immaculate Facelift 6 Speed Manual SZ-R Supra - 20000 Genuine Miles.

Guest Maxim

Wow, seems I'm attempting to penetrate some clique.

I am ONLY advertising this on behalf of someone I know.

Also, a couple of long time members on this forum have already seen this car and met the seller who is not a car trader. Neither am I, far from it. As for the car being driven here, as far as I know it was brought in as a returning vehicle so was still on Japanese number plates.

Scott M, the paintwork is not faded.

Read my post here;

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?250837-Looking-to-join-Supra-world.-Advice-on-buying-Facelift-SZ-R

I was infact very much so interested in buying the car for myself.

Can I ask if people have nothing constructive to say in the context of helping a potential buyer or seller (i.e post by Shaky) then please refrain from posting. I hope this does not break any forum rules!

The seller is moving overseas which is the reason for selling. If anyone is after a genuine low mileage Supra then this would fit the bill.

What a perfect donor for a TT Swap. Could be an awesome car with a detail and TT Engine. GLWS.

Would also be worth confirming with the seller that he has now paid the VAT and import customs on the vehicle?

He will need the HMRC paid certificate to get it registered on UK plates, and they don't charge any VAT or Import duty if the car came in as a returning vehicle....

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if people are interested then ask seller to email you scanned copies of - eng and jap de reg - customs form 386.

you need the above to register the car, all they need to do is blank out some numbers on chassis number on de reg forms if they are worried about scanning.

thanks

Custom form 386 he has............I didn't see this on my visit but he said he had to get it from the guy who organising the importation and emailed me the pic later that evening.

Japanese "Export certificate" I did see and later compared it to an online example, I will post the online link it matched in format later when home. I 'think' this was all that was needed to register the car, Jurgen please enlighten everyone if there is another crucial document.

Please note I WILL NOT be posting the scans he sent me on here or via PM.

all you need is crucial apart from the fees and mot etc etc..

MUST HAVE -

japan de reg

english de reg

customs form

how long has car been in UK (unregistered)

on the jap de-reg it will have the milege it left for UK also.

He had the 4th one down titled "Sample export certificate (Yushutsu Yotei Todokede Shomeisho)" on the link below

http://importer.fuelsaver.govt.nz/dereg-cert.html#3

and the Customs form.....

What is the "English De reg" form (assuming the above is the Jap De reg one)

NB this is ultimately a non issue if he gets is registered for buyer as it'll be a simple/normal V5 job

Looks all sound mate, english de-reg is just a translation of the jap de-reg.

He had the 4th one down titled "Sample export certificate (Yushutsu Yotei Todokede Shomeisho)" on the link below

http://importer.fuelsaver.govt.nz/dereg-cert.html#3

and the Customs form.....

What is the "English De reg" form (assuming the above is the Jap De reg one)

NB this is ultimately a non issue if he gets is registered for buyer as it'll be a simple/normal V5 job

Let's see, just e-mailed the owner now. :)

sounds from scooters description (which was very good mate) and Jurgens input this will make a nice buy for somebody ..... would be better if the seller got it registerd, MOT'd with all supporting documents then its rock n roller time............Abz :D

ABZ... IF YOU BUY IT I WILL DELETE ALL TRACES OF YOUR LAME DRAG EFFORTS :D

sounds from scooters description (which was very good mate) and Jurgens input this will make a nice buy for somebody ..... would be better if the seller got it registerd, MOT'd with all supporting documents then its rock n roller time............Abz :D

ABZ... IF YOU BUY IT I WILL DELETE ALL TRACES OF YOUR LAME DRAG EFFORTS :D

I don't care what the car looks like then, I am gonna buy it so you delete my lame drag effort! :D

I think it's just the dodgy pixel quality on my large screen monitor but on my system the rear end comes up a slightly different shade of white. Has it had a prang at any stage of its life? Nevertheless, a real nice find indeed.

Andrew. I have never seen a white rear bumper that matched.

H.

Good luck ABz!

Thanks Gaz, spoke to the owner, if I get a chance this evening might be going to take a look. It does need bits & bobs sorting out & not to mention the whole registration process but I am in no hurry, it will remain a weekend car.

The next thread from you Abz better be "Wanted: TT Engine for transplant"

:D

:D

To be honest I don't think I'd do a transplant straight away if I did get it, I'd keep it like that for a year or so & then decide.

I just want to be back in a Supra again :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.