The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Immaculate Facelift 6 Speed Manual SZ-R Supra - 20000 Genuine Miles.

Guest Maxim

Evening Guys,

I am offering a rare immaculate Supra for sale that belongs to someone I know. I do not think there are many for sale in this sort of pristine condition.

I recently posted about buying this car and I was set up to buy it until I was offered a company car so as well as having two other sport cars. I am now on car 3 and therefore could not proceed with the purchase (despite being a little tempted which I have had to refuse from due to lack of space).

Anyway, I told the owner I would put the word out and seeing that he has never heard of this forum the car could go to an enthusiast. The owner is selling due to moving abroad and has owned this Supra for the best part of 5 years. It was owned by him in Japan and at present, the car is not registered in the UK however all UK customs and taxes have been paid. In order for it to have it registered on UK Number plates, it requires an MOT and a trip to DVLA with a fee of £55 to register the car. The whole process takes around 5 working days. However if there is a genuine buyer then my friend can take care of having the car registered on UK plates.

The car is a 1996 model (N reg) SZ-R, is super mint with low genuine mileage (20700 miles). Drives and smells like new. The gearbox feels like new and that in itself is worth at least £3000 with just 20000 miles.

If anyone is interested, feel free to post here. PM me or email my friend on [email protected]

Asking price for the car is £5400. Attached are some pictures but the car would benefit from a good polish and t-cut session. Nonetheless, it looks amazing. It is based in Eton, Windsor.

Cheers,

Maxim

http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/2286/2largezd.th.jpg

http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/4726/3largei.th.jpg

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/2189/4largeo.th.jpg

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/5662/5largeq.th.jpg

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/8325/6largev.th.jpg

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/8134/7largej.th.jpg

http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/3563/9large.th.jpg

http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/8170/10largev.th.jpg

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/9499/11largel.th.jpg

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/4263/12largeqn.th.jpg

http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/584/13largec.th.jpg

http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/112/14largeb.th.jpg

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe it's 2 owners from new and he has got service history. Not full however. He does however have the official Japanese paperwork that verifies the mileage to be correct and genuine. :)

Point taken about the registration process, he has said he can have it UK registered before any money changes hands.

The longest part it has been stood still is about 2 and half months.

I just spoke to him and he said, the car has done maybe 400 miles in the UK. That sort of mileage would not warrant for a FULL UK Service History. Unless, if Harvard is thinking of buying a UK Spec car then most fresh Japanese imports do not have UK Service History. That aside, service history is all but a small element of an entire car. The whole car and all aspects must be appreciated as a whole. I should know having bought a car purely off service history facts and having the engine let go months later.

Still think this is the cleanest Supra I have seen, the underside is spotless. :D

Unless, if Harvard is thinking of buying a UK Spec car then most fresh Japanese imports do not have UK Service History. That aside, service history is all but a small element of an entire car. The whole car and all aspects must be appreciated as a whole. I should know having bought a car purely off service history facts and having the engine let go months later.

strange why you see the need to explain this to a seasoned Supra Club member.....:innocent:

Point taken about the registration process, he has said he can have it UK registered before any money changes hands.

The longest part it has been stood still is about 2 and half months.

I just spoke to him and he said, the car has done maybe 400 miles in the UK. That sort of mileage would not warrant for a FULL UK Service History. Unless, if Harvard is thinking of buying a UK Spec car then most fresh Japanese imports do not have UK Service History. That aside, service history is all but a small element of an entire car. The whole car and all aspects must be appreciated as a whole. I should know having bought a car purely off service history facts and having the engine let go months later.

Still think this is the cleanest Supra I have seen, the underside is spotless. :D

Sounds very tradery.....

How has the car done 400 miles in the UK if unregistered?

Wow, seems I'm attempting to penetrate some clique.

I am ONLY advertising this on behalf of someone I know.

Also, a couple of long time members on this forum have already seen this car and met the seller who is not a car trader. Neither am I, far from it. As for the car being driven here, as far as I know it was brought in as a returning vehicle so was still on Japanese number plates.

Scott M, the paintwork is not faded.

Read my post here;

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?250837-Looking-to-join-Supra-world.-Advice-on-buying-Facelift-SZ-R

I was infact very much so interested in buying the car for myself.

Can I ask if people have nothing constructive to say in the context of helping a potential buyer or seller (i.e post by Shaky) then please refrain from posting. I hope this does not break any forum rules!

The seller is moving overseas which is the reason for selling. If anyone is after a genuine low mileage Supra then this would fit the bill.

Its always difficult to tell from the pictures but as you said it could do with a good polish and tcut session, I read that as faded. TCut is used to cut the paint surface to bring out the original colour once it has faded away. To describe a car as immaculate it would have to have perfect paintwork and bodywork already.... Not be ready for the new owner to make it that way.

Just trying to get a feel for the condition of the car as immaculate says one thing, your description says another.

Wow, seems I'm attempting to penetrate some clique.

I am ONLY advertising this on behalf of someone I know.

Also, a couple of long time members on this forum have already seen this car and met the seller who is not a car trader. Neither am I, far from it. As for the car being driven here, as far as I know it was brought in as a returning vehicle so was still on Japanese number plates.

Read my post here;

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?250837-Looking-to-join-Supra-world.-Advice-on-buying-Facelift-SZ-R

I was infact very much so interested in buying the car for myself.

Can I ask if people have nothing constructive to say in the context of helping a potential buyer or seller (i.e post by Shaky) then please refrain from posting. I hope this does not break any forum rules!

The seller is moving overseas which is the reason for selling. If anyone is after a genuine low mileage Supra then this would fit the bill.

Maxim,

There is no clique here, just members who want to ensure the authenticity of the vehicle being offered. This car is something of a rarity with such low mileage and as per my previous post, we did not know how long it had been in a certain place and how many miles it had done in the Uk. If a new member came on looking for a mint low mileage car then I would want to show them this thread. It may seem like an interogation but we just wanted to know the facts of the cars life.

FWIW. It looks like a splendid example and I hope it goes to a good home.

Good luck with the sale.

H.

Havard and others, I have seen the car in the flesh as I have had a SZ-R 6 speed before and loved it and was interested in taking a look. I will go into some detail below but the short version is simply that for me we couldn't agree on the price.

I'm 99.9% the mileage is correct.

The interior is truely immaculate/as new.

Underneath (just me assuming the pressup position around the car!) is also in keeping with the low miles and living in Japan, ie no rusty arms and Bilstein shock shocks mint etc, good sills

Body was dent/scratch free (didn't go over it with a fine tooth comb)

Gearbox felt in keeping with the mileage no clutch/flywheel snatch/slack and no rattle on turn off at all (rare in my experience of 6 speeds)

All fired up fine, and aircon working well as were the heaters/blowers.

The owner is a nice guy and was very aware of the concerns buyers would have re the unregistered status and went along way to prove its all legit and along with my research into the docs required I'm certain it has the relevant Japanese registration docs and Vat duty form to allow a straight forward registration at a DVLA local office.

It's needs Stonkin or someone similar to work his magic on the paint and engine bay, the bay is dusty and without getting into a faded vs dull vs dirty paintwork debate it does need some elbow grease with something to bring it back to immaculate but i'm certain say a stonkin stage 1 paint correction detail or even just a good old going over by hand with autoglym paint renovator etc etc would bring it back to as new.

Tyres were shot from age/standing (signs of the rear delaminating)......not surprising and not a dig just a fact.

Rear hatch hit my head! [GRIN][/GRIN] so support arms weakened

Not registered so no Mot, so no fog light, mph conversion and no alarm (probably limited radio reception).........absolutely no qualms about is passing an MOT with these usual Japanese import adjustments

So as I say, for me, when I looked into all the minor things it needed the costs/hassle started adding up (most are normal running costs ie tyres, Tax, etc just all at once unlike most 2nd hand purchases) to more than I could justify, would be a lovely car for someone with a little time and the will to own a mint NA over say a good auto TT.

Havard and others, I have seen the car in the flesh as I have had a SZ-R 6 speed before and loved it and was interested in taking a look. I will go into some detail below but the short version is simply that for me we couldn't agree on the price.

I'm 99.9% the mileage is correct.

The interior is truely immaculate/as new.

Underneath (just me assuming the pressup position around the car!) is also in keeping with the low miles and living in Japan, ie no rusty arms and Bilstein shock shocks mint etc, good sills

Body was dent/scratch free (didn't go over it with a fine tooth comb)

Gearbox felt in keeping with the mileage no clutch/flywheel snatch/slack and no rattle on turn off at all (rare in my experience of 6 speeds)

All fired up fine, and aircon working well as were the heaters/blowers.

The owner is a nice guy and was very aware of the concerns buyers would have re the unregistered status and went along way to prove its all legit and along with my research into the docs required I'm certain it has the relevant Japanese registration docs and Vat duty form to allow a straight forward registration at a DVLA local office.

It's needs Stonkin or someone similar to work his magic on the paint and engine bay, the bay is dusty and without getting into a faded vs dull vs dirty paintwork debate it does need some elbow grease with something to bring it back to immaculate but i'm certain say a stonkin stage 1 paint correction detail or even just a good old going over by hand with autoglym paint renovator etc etc would bring it back to as new.

Tyres were shot from age/standing (signs of the rear delaminating)......not surprising and not a dig just a fact.

Rear hatch hit my head! [GRIN][/GRIN] so support arms weakened

Not registered so no Mot, so no fog light, mph conversion and no alarm (probably limited radio reception).........absolutely no qualms about is passing an MOT with these usual Japanese import adjustments

So as I say, for me, when I looked into all the minor things it needed the costs/hassle started adding up (most are normal running costs ie tyres, Tax, etc just all at once unlike most 2nd hand purchases) to more than I could justify, would be a lovely car for someone with a little time and the will to own a mint NA over say a good auto TT.

Thanks for the informed view Scooter. I just felt that the OP was getting a little frustrated with the questions of the car and as I said before, a genuine 20K is going to need some proving as people are always sceptical about mileages.

I imagine with the registation and MOT sorted the car would sell almost immediately. It is something I personally would be interested in generally but I would be wanting to do quite a lot to it to it with wheels and oem skirts etc.

To get a mint car and keep it mint makes for a good ownership experience.

H.

And with that, I completely retract my previous statements :) All is good :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.