The mkiv Supra Owners Club

JSpec Manual NA-TT Needs work/respray but open to offers - £4.5k ONO

Mistermann

Hi all,

Sadly I just can't afford to keep my car and finish off the project so I am having to put it up for sale.

Twin Turbo Engine conversion (Registered as an NA at the moment) - Work carried out by Keron @ Extreme Performance

*65000 miles

*Tax'd until October 2011

*MOT Until February 2012 (Went through last MOT with no advisories)

*5Speed Manual with Short Shift

*TT Engine

*Apexi Induction Kit with cold air feed

*Blitz BOV

*Finichi Firenze 19inch Alloys with new tyres

*Super Pro Poly Bushes & Suspension Arms

*Spitfire Boost Gauge

*Apexi Turbo Timer

*Toyo FMIC

*Diff & Gearbox fluids changed approx 3000 miles ago

*Oil & Coolant changed this week

*MOMO Steering Wheel

*Panasonic head unit -IPOD & USB Compatible(Speakers changed too)

*Vacuum hoses have all be colour coded

*Brushed Metal Dial Surrounds

*Comes with an electric fan kit that has the thermostatic switch but not the wiring and relay

The mods are relatively basic and could lead to be great project for someone with the time and inclination to carry on where I have left off - used a daily drive for the last 2 years without skipping a beat.

The car is currently at the garage having a new thermostat gasket & Core plug fitted and new cambelt.

Bad Bits:

The bodywork is a bit of a shambles though - hence the price: I had to sand most of the existing paint (matt black) off as it was a truly terrible job done by the previous owner, so I have sanded and primed the car in matt white to make it look presentable. It is far from perfect and will definately need to be professionally resprayed

A key broke off in the passenger side door lock but the car is still lockable and this is a small niggly thing that I just never got round to resolving.

Dash panels need to be refurbished as they look a tatty but tshouldn't prove to be too big a problem. I have some vinyl wrap that I was going to cover the dash panels with but havent had the time to do it.

Clutch has just started to slip - I have a second hand clutch that can be had and the car is perfectly driveable - just don't go boosting in the higher gears!

DSC00011.jpg

It did get quite a lot of attention...not much from this website as everyone (quite rightly) has the highest of standards here ;)

The good news is the car sold but I had to take an R33 GTST plus cash for it as the market for cars generally is so bad but one that needs extensive work like mine did really was not very attaractive to anyone wanting to spend £5k of their hard earned cash.

It went to a nice chap who was going to track prep it so wasn't too fussed with the way it looked and I'm really happy with the swap. The R33 is nothing compared to a TT Supra but it serves its purpose and met the criteria I needed it to(Small family and has a turbo lol)

So it is, with a heavy heart that i am no longer a supra owner, a massive thankyou to everyone on here who has helped me out and hopefully those I have given advice to myself appreciate it!

You lot are lovely ;) and helped me learn a huge amount in a very short amount of time.

For those reading this that are hoping to get into supra's, I think the biggest lesson learnt are there are no short cuts, it only ever causes more problems in the long run, i'll be back in a supra one day and next time I'll do everything properly, cleanly and will take no shortcuts.....my supra, as much as i loved it was never going to be what i wanted it to be because I didnt do this and as a result I had to sell the poor thing for a rock bottom price.

Best Wishes to Everyone...i'll be sticking about, partly cos I like you all and secondly because my membership is paid for a little while yet

Aw mate, she'll get there - you've done all the hard work but I bet you are itching to get it started...the TT lump is sooo much fun and your car is a beauty - make sure when you get her fired up that you get a video up on here and i'll be watching intently at your progress! Infact I think I might just suscribe to your thread right now lol

• 4 months later...
Still looks a mess at the front. If that goes for the price I will eat my hat. My mate picked up a really nice VVTi Tip for £6750.00.

H.

Stranger things have happened, but I agree.. it will take someone with no idea what they are buying to pay that for that car. Someone who thought that was a manual TT would snap that up, maybe thinking that it being converted by TRD actually means something.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.