The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What's involved with replacing the fuel lines...

Scott

Ive got 2 options with what way to go regarding my fuel system. I can either split after the stock fuel filter or I can replace the whole lot.

How much hassle is the later?

I'm fitting a bosch 044 pump and the rail is twin feed -6an. As I understand it the stock fuel filter has a -6an female fitment so i would need a -6an male to male then a -6an to 2x -6an adapter. From there I can simply connect the rail to the adapter via 2 -6an lines. The return will be coming from the fuel regulator and I have been told the -6an fits perfectly over the return line.

Is there any issues with the above? I have bought a fitting kit for the 044 but I wasnt sure if that used the stock feed line or not?

My other option is to buy a -8an fuel filter, feed the -8an from the pump to the filter, get a -8an to 2x -6an adapter and feed the rail from that. The return would then be a -6an line from the regulator all the way back to the tank.

Is it easy to remove the stock lines and fit shiney braided ones? What will happen with the spare wheel? I want to retain the stock tank cover, spare wheel etc and I have a rather large boot build that currently sits flush. I've seen a few threads where people have had to modify their covers, is this going to be necessary if I want to run my own lines or an 044 pump?

You can't keep the stock tank cover with bigger fuel lines as the fittings hit the cover. Use the -8 feed I sent you you'll never need to upgrade again. Take off the fuel tank cover under the car, loosen the straps that hold the tank in, remove the fuel line covers under the car and the lines will come right out.

For a -8an filter and -8 female to 2 x -6an male y-piece go to http://www.Speedflow.co.uk you can get them both there.

I picked up your FPR line yesterday. He had a huge order in so it took a while to clear the back order.

Are you at JAE or anyone live close who is going and I'll take it with me. Otherwise I'll post it out mate.

Scott,

I'm using the stock lines with a 044 pump on my setup and it works fine - But i'm just about to put in a new loom for the pump power supply, someting which is a bit more manly... but to be fair, will start looking at changing the lines for something a bit bigger...

You can't keep the stock tank cover with bigger fuel lines as the fittings hit the cover. Use the -8 feed I sent you you'll never need to upgrade again. Take off the fuel tank cover under the car, loosen the straps that hold the tank in, remove the fuel line covers under the car and the lines will come right out.

For a -8an filter and -8 female to 2 x -6an male y-piece go to http://www.Speedflow.co.uk you can get them both there.

I picked up your FPR line yesterday. He had a huge order in so it took a while to clear the back order.

Are you at JAE or anyone live close who is going and I'll take it with me. Otherwise I'll post it out mate.

See that is the one massive reason for fitting the tank lines you sent, no matter what I do (within reason) I'll never need to upgrade.

Would it be possible to shim the cover? The important thing is that the boot carpet etc still fits into place and is still flush. I can modify the cover or raise it a bit no bother as long as it remains flush.

Scott,

I'm using the stock lines with a 044 pump on my setup and it works fine - But i'm just about to put in a new loom for the pump power supply, someting which is a bit more manly... but to be fair, will start looking at changing the lines for something a bit bigger...

That's a good point actually. I don't know if I want to go to the hassle of fitting a new loom though. Is the draw a lot higher with the 044?

I had that cover made for wayne, depends what fittings you use.

The stock cover will fit fine with a little persuassion if you use the correct fittings.

I would only consider changing lines for a twin pump system. If your using one 044 the stock lines with an fpr will be fine.

I had that cover made for wayne, depends what fittings you use.

The stock cover will fit fine with a little persuassion if you use the correct fittings.

I would only consider changing lines for a twin pump system. If your using one 044 the stock lines with an fpr will be fine.

I think I'll just go along with that mate. I have all the lines sitting here from Hodge but I'm taking on a lot of work doing all this myself so doing really unnecessary work is a little silly if I'm honest. I'll just keep a hold of the lines John supplied though as they look fantastic. If I decide I want more in the future I've got no option than twin pump anyway.

Thanks

That's a good point actually. I don't know if I want to go to the hassle of fitting a new loom though. Is the draw a lot higher with the 044?

I belive max current draw is 16 amps... I'm only changing mine because I have access to lots of wire, terminals etc... An to hopefully iron out a problem ;)

I have a 44 pump fitted with stock lines at the moment ,running 720 bhp no probs. But I will be changing the lines soon for my new build as I'm going for 1300 bhp.

There's no chance I'll be up that high. At some point I might take the tubby as far as it will go, but that'll be it :)

I have a 44 pump fitted with stock lines at the moment ,running 720 bhp no probs. But I will be changing the lines soon for my new build as I'm going for 1300 bhp.

You will need to change a lot more than the lines dude !!! Best you buy my aeromotive system and fuel cell with -12 lines

You got that right :eyebrows:

LOL in fact heres a list of what I have that you will need

Full Race T6 manifold, twin gates and BW airworks turbo

Titan 10.4 280 cams

4" DP into 5" exhaust

8 gallon cell -12 feed, -8 return Aeromotive Pro pump and filter

Proper breather system.

Plus Bigger inlet and TB and a better FMIC

and if you are staying 3ltr a whole heap of nitrous to spool it.

LOL in fact heres a list of what I have that you will need

Full Race T6 manifold, twin gates and BW airworks turbo

Titan 10.4 280 cams

4" DP into 5" exhaust

8 gallon cell -12 feed, -8 return Aeromotive Pro pump and filter

Proper breather system.

Plus Bigger inlet and TB and a better FMIC

and if you are staying 3ltr a whole heap of nitrous to spool it.

That's 1 Hyewwwwge setup there John.

• 5 months later...

Sorry to bring up and old'ish thread but figured it better to do this than start a new one. What has to be done to install a twin walbro system? I have a triple pump bracket with two pumps fitted and I have the fuel lines sitting in the house with a filter and thanks to hodge I'll soon have a complete rail with twin -8 feeds and a single -6 return. What needs doing electrically? Do I need ot remove the fuelpump ecu or hardwire anything in? I've got relays here but I'm unsure of what is required and i'm not coming up with much by searching.