The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyone into old school BMX bikes.

Neil-NA

Anyone into old bmxs from the 70's and 80's?

Whilst on holiday I got draged round a carboot sale, I spotted an old looking bmx that turns out to be a Raleigh Styler mag20 from Nov '87 for £12 so I bought it in the hope of restoring it and either flogging it for a small profit or just as a display bike in my shop.

Since arriving back home I decided to re live my youth and watch bmx bandits :D and now keep checking ebay for mk1 burners, torkers etc.

Anyone remember what bmxs they had or still got one? or is it just me .

I had :

Rayleigh Burner (gotta love the tubular frame)

A mongoose Menace

A mongoose villian

2x Mongoose Solutions

an S&M dirtbike

A We The People - can't remember what

Still own

S&M Dirtbike

Volume Dinosaur

Not old enough for some of the classics, but I remember plastic mag wheels, when Gyros were quite a new interesting invention, know how to change a freewheel, setup an ACS brake and how many times i redid the bearings in my pedals and eventually realised that 1-piece cranks really were a waste of time and money!

I'd a mag burner, it was blue with yellow wheels and was the daddy. I had a grifter before that too, a smaller one that was maybe a striker(?) and of course a chopper. Good times getting your mates to lie down in front of a board propped up with a few bricks and jumping over them :D

What the hell was it called?? Its bugging me now! My Brother had a 2nd hand Raleigh Vektor which had a built in radio, but cant remember what mine was :(

I thought that was the vector? I had a Skyway Mag Burner, then a Raleigh Bomber :D Mate of mine had an Andy Ruffel team pro, I hated him.

Get your ass on here for really heavy, old bike action lol :- http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/

I started with an Ultra Burner and moved onto a Skyway T/A (long) for racing and also Skyway T/A freestyle frameset.

I gave up racing in my mid-teens as puberty caused me to lose my sprinting ability and I got into road bikes instead. I tried to get back into it on my late teens by buying a second hand CW frameset but I just wasn't built for speed by then.

Freestyle and HUGE jumps though.......