1. 1. User or Admirer

• Use the car the way it should?
    • Pamper her like a Pansey???

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine in a sunny, dry day supra that does about 1000-1500 miles a year.

We have other vehicles to drive so it doesn't get out much but when it does I drive it like a one night stand.

Hard, fast throw it about a bit and get a little dirty with it. Then back home and treat it like the wife, lock it away and let it out in a few weeks.

Very similar to me with mine :)

Mine is still my daily at the moment, but I am looking at a Pug 306 HDi Estate tomorrow to buy as a daily.

Then I will be looking to to get a Stormforce cover and she will be a weekend toy, hopefully going Na-T ot TT next year

The only reason I am going down the weekend toy route is the cost of Fuel and I am a bit of a perfectionist and can't get it resprayed after every winter

You won't get a Stormforce over that now it's a fatty..!!

I'm having to use it as a daily driver as my Fiesta went boom. I do love driving her and often go for a drive just for fun, just to thrash her round the roads when it's quiet (late at night ;)).

I keep her clean and wash her every week or two, but I do drive her as she should be driven.

Id give her a break after Bignum owned it :D especially at Anglesy :D

As for mine its a weekend drive, its always clean, stays in the garage with a cover on at all other times, apart from when I take the cover off at night to read it a bedtime story ;)

Edited by scotty71 (see edit history)

Cheers H:D

That really helps lol

Guess I will have to do some research, there must be other modern Coupes about the same size as mine, maybe a XKR or Aston cover, guess the rear spoiler might cause an issue with those though

How much wider is the body than a standard?

I reckon my cover has about 2" of play in it and then it would be really tight.

http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/4554/p1000284ny.jpg

H.

How much wider is the body than a standard?

I reckon my cover has about 2" of play in it and then it would be really tight.

http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/4554/p1000284ny.jpg

H.

I am not sure if I honest, the wheel spacers are 25mm all round and they are not out far enough at the back, could do with trying one really, don't think anyone has one down here though

I use mine as much as i can and love giving it a good blast, im out in it 3 or 4 times a week i guess, i wont be using it in winter anymore though, soon as the weather changes it will be parked up in a heated garage trying to hump an F40 all winter :D it has got the go to SRD and Andy Robinson race cars for a short break though this winter for upgrades.

I use mine as much as i can and love giving it a good blast, im out in it 3 or 4 times a week i guess, i wont be using it in winter anymore though, soon as the weather changes it will be parked up in a heated garage trying to hump an F40 all winter :D it has got the go to SRD and Andy Robinson race cars for a short break though this winter for upgrades.

upgrades like you dont have enough already :D

I drive mine on Friday's to work (makes it seem like the weekends started) and possibly Saturday's but if it isn't dry I take the runabout, living in Cumbria (the rain capital of the world) that generally means I only manage about 1000 miles a year. I don't abuse the car but I am rarely sat at the back of a queue of traffic for long.

Use mine every day, park it anywhere, don't clean it, drive it hard. It's kept mechanically sound, but since the bodywork is tatty I don't worry about it getting the odd ding. That might change after it gets painted though!

Done about 5k miles since it was on the road exactly 1 year ago, apart from known worn clutch issue it's been perfect, no issues at all.