The mkiv Supra Owners Club

RPS max series street clutch

hodge

I had a RPS max series street clutch when I was running 630 bhp on my BW tubbie.

I upgraded it to a 6 puck disc when I went for my current setup.

There is no difference in pedal feel .. if I had been before, I would have gone directly for a 6 puck unit.

It's very streetable. Although it can be used with a stock flywheel, I went for the RPS lightened one, which isn't really that noisy (only around 2k rpm).

Luc

I have one. I have to put the pedal to the floor to ensure a clean gearshift, and it's certainly heavy when you're holding it in traffic, otherwise it's peachy. Been running it for about 5 years now with 500 and a bit ftlbs ish, and it's fine. I don't tend to slip it much though, I'm very clutch sympathetic :)

I have one. I have to put the pedal to the floor to ensure a clean gearshift, and it's certainly heavy when you're holding it in traffic, otherwise it's peachy. Been running it for about 5 years now with 500 and a bit ftlbs ish, and it's fine. I don't tend to slip it much though, I'm very clutch sympathetic :)

I've drove Johnnys car quite a lot and hate the clutch. It's way way to heavy and as you say Ian it's not too friendly in traffic. I think I'm going to go for a carbon clutch and adapt to use a hydraulic thrust bearing. Will be interesting to do I think.

Mine has the blue pressure plate and it's fine. I changed to the NA slave cylinder to lift the biting point up a bit (and also make it heavier than a TT setup) and I think it's great but not for skinny legs! :D . No problems in traffic even with the NA cylinder.

Mine's making 590lbft (SRR) and I've put about 12,000miles on it so far :)