The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fitting a rear diff mount any advice

hodge

Hi guys

I need to a 2nd rear diff mount to my car before it's dyno'd as it was an N/A nod only had 1. I've bought a new 1 from Mr.T and was wondering what you thought the best way of getting the mount in without removing the subframe and pressing it in.

I was thinking of making a disc the size of the mount, with a hole in the centre, screwing some threaded bar through it into the diff with a nut on the end and pulling it in as I tighten the nut up.

What do you think???

Thanks

John

If you are making a disc up anyway I'd just weld that in place and solid mount the diff.

I did consider this to be honest but thought it better to have some flex in the to reduce transmission noise. The clutch does my head in so don't want to add to the heart ache.

That would only work if you use a large and strong 'washer' to put the pull outside the rubber on the metal surround.

I used a flat piece of 1/2" steel and a hammer to fit mine.

Did you remove the petrol tank and Anti-roll bar or leave them in place.