The mkiv Supra Owners Club

3UZ-FE VVTI 4.3LTR V8 Engine - 15k Miles

Guest ugp

I was referring to the in & out to a radiator Jamie.

I see, never seen a boat with a radiator before, mine have had heat exchangers, but then this is a car engine suppose, where did you mount the radiator so it got air flow?

Sorry for the off topic, just interested in the V8 boat you have.

Your 21 years old, - I'm 22, not that age makes much difference.

You've had a V8 boat???? - Not personally - old man did, added the missing word.

Youve built and owned Massive powered bikes???? - single, "bike". If you call 380hp massive, yes.

You've had a lambigini???? - Half a Lambo, it was missing an engine!

You co-owned a recording Studio???? I still do.

You must have told me you've had at least 3 houses since we met???? I still have two.

You've just bought 3 floors of the co-op buildings in newcastle for flats and a penthouse for yourself???? That is correct.

You get flown around the world on private jets to sort computer issues for big banks???? I wouldn't call an Easyjet flight private, same as I wouldn't call Norwich & Peterborough BS a big bank, but again, yes.

Anyone else in doubt or with any digs or sarcy questions, please drop me a PM or feel free to give me a call on 07932580804, rather than clog up my threads.

Thanks!

No me either. To be honest, I couldn't tell you the difference between the two, I can only assume the heat exchangers run two loops, engine + external, and transfer the heat between the two via the jacket as not to contaminate engine coolant with salt + shite sucked up?

I'll have to ask the question, can't say I paid much interest in the thing, it was just another boat!

I see, never seen a boat with a radiator before, mine have had heat exchangers, but then this is a car engine suppose, where did you mount the radiator so it got air flow?

Sorry for the off topic, just interested in the V8 boat you have.

I'll have to ask the question, can't say I paid much interest in the thing, it was just another boat!

Not to worry, never wanted to clutter up your thread, just interested in the boat, From reading the first post i thought you have the boat, then i see the edit that you "have had" it, then it turned out to be your dads.

I'm glad I put my number in the thread now, Thanks to Hodge, JamieP and Mark Newman for the free bumps last night, engine is now sold.

Upon further investigation (and a few phone calls), I can confirm this engine will NOT work with the supra auto box NA or TT using the stock ECU. A Motec will control it, maybe the Syvecs could too. All you would need is a *UZ auto bellhousing.

My Hybrid T.T. transmission must work by magic then. :think:

Yes I saw that. However I could have sworn that was for the A343 gearbox, the ECU for this engine is trying to control the 6 speed A761E. Can you confirm they are the same gearbox?

We appear to be at cross purpose here. :think:

The engine could be controlled by it's OE V8 ECU or aftermarket of your choosing and a T.T. trans hybridised with N/A valve bodies could be controlled either by a Suprastick or a piggybacked N/A ECU.

We appear to be at cross purpose here. :think:

The engine could be controlled by it's OE V8 ECU or aftermarket of your choosing and a T.T. trans hybridised with N/A valve bodies could be controlled either by a Suprastick or a piggybacked N/A ECU.

I see what your getting at now David. I was under the assumption you meant it could be controlled by the 3UZ ECU.

I do however feel it would be a crime to put an auto box behind such a nice engine!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.