The mkiv Supra Owners Club

making android apps

creative

I've not used the app inventor, and I thought our was going to be retired by google, but I have written a small GPS speedo app, which cam be found on this site somewhere.

I wrote this using eclipse and the sdk in java, quite simple if you have any programming knowledge at all, which you state you don't.

Do you have an idea of the type of app you want to write?

Paul

Do you have an idea of the type of app you want to write?

Paul

I want to do one for work. It would mostly be a simple access to what properties we have listed on our website both rental and sales. This is so I can look them up on the fly when I am out and about.

Ok that sounds like a decent one to try. It's good because I hear it a lot, 'I want to write an app', but they have no idea what it is they want to write.

Is there a feed you can use from your works website? It's it public our do you need to authenticate?

Not that I always follow this advice, although I normally wish I did, but planning is everything.

Write down what it is you want to get out of the app.

How you want it displayed.

How to search

How you are getting the data

Then need to see if the app thingy will be able to create this type of app.

Sounds like one that would be very useful if it can be made.

Good luck with it.

Do you take requests?

I want a crappy timer that people seem to want to over-complicate. When i stick my dinner in the oven i want to open the app, set a tumbler to 30 mins, or however long my dinner will take to cook, and hit set. 30 mins later, or whatever, an alarm will go off. When accepted it will cease and the app will close until it is next called upon.

Everyother app wants dates, times, headings, occurrence, etc, etc, etc.

What happened to keeping things simple?

Do you take requests?

I want a crappy timer that people seem to want to over-complicate. When i stick my dinner in the oven i want to open the app, set a tumbler to 30 mins, or however long my dinner will take to cook, and hit set. 30 mins later, or whatever, an alarm will go off. When accepted it will cease and the app will close until it is next called upon.

Everyother app wants dates, times, headings, occurrence, etc, etc, etc.

What happened to keeping things simple?

My Android HTC clock does that. Just tap on the clock, select the egg-timer at the bottom of the screen, set the hrs/mins from which the count down will begin and hit start. Can't be much simpler than that, can it?

My Android HTC clock does that. Just tap on the clock, select the egg-timer at the bottom of the screen, set the hrs/mins from which the count down will begin and hit start. Can't be much simpler than that, can it?

I don't want to go into the clock, then into the egg timer and then set it. I want a shortcut directly to the app that has a tumbler that I can set to hrs/mins.

I'm running a samsung too, so mine is a bit more complicated anyway :D

I don't want to go into the clock, then into the egg timer and then set it. I want a shortcut directly to the app that has a tumbler that I can set to hrs/mins.

I'm running a samsung too, so mine is a bit more complicated anyway :D

Try Ultrachron lite.