The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What wrong with people selling stuff on here?

mattysupra

its starting to really annoy me know !

There is a few items i have PM'ed about that are 'for sale', but the sellers dont return my PM's. Why put something up for sale and then not reply to a potential buyer ?

Sorry for my little Rant but it really is peeing me off waiting for a reply days on end.

Anyone else have this issue on here?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think instead of PMs being sent we should all have to post in the for sale thread. That way you know where you stand & if anyone has posted before you. What i hate is when you think you are first & are visualising your new part on your car when boom "sorry mate jessie james sent me a PM about 13 seconds before you wrote this" Grrrrr :D

That reminds me Jamie, your dampers are done, shall I send them back to SRD? Just e-mail the address they are to go to, I will sort out payment after. Jane can get them off to you tomorrow, they'll be with you on Thursday. If you don't spot this I'll bell you about midnight..... ;)

Nice one Chris, will mail you now.

I now have 4 people im waiting for replies off. What really pee's me off is that i can see they have been online after i have sent a Pm. Maybe the parts are sold? Will people please have the decency to close their for sale thread or reply to their PM's.

Been there and done that, some members are very strange how they ignore their own sales threads then post up

sold weeks after you posted in their thread.

Its even more fun when you actually buy something and its nothing like it was described as when it turns up :(

The system is systematically :think: abused by many.

Sellers regularly withhold feedback until the buyer (who upon payment had completed their contract) has received the item and given good rep.

This seller activity is a threat to the buyer who consequently, can't give bad rep for bad experiences because would most likely receive bad rep in return!

Sellers withholding rep should automatically be flagged up, likewise those who receive rep but not return it and it should not be possible for a seller to give bad rep to a paying buyer.

As within all communities, 'there are ways and means', but what's that all about?

It is a valuable resource and I buy and sell lots of Supra treasures on here and most have been a positive experience.

I believe 'playing the game' helps promotes a club culture, and not to is an opportunity sadly missed.