The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Water bypass on the ICV & Throttle Body.

Scott

Is it important to have the water going through the ICV? I can't see any reason why it would need it but don't want to miss anything. Same question for the throttle body. I'd rather get rid of as much as I can. They seem very short and don't seem to serve much puprose other than to split up the connection through the manifold side of the engine.

Thanks.

All it's for is to stop the TB and ICV from freezing in cold weather. There not needed mate. It's less for the water to flow so it's better for the engine.

Magic mate, thanks again.

While you're here...

I've pulled out the charcoal canister. What do I do with the hard pipe that goes underneath the car? Where is it going to? Can I just block it off.

Thanks again mate :)

Magic mate, thanks again.

While you're here...

I've pulled out the charcoal canister. What do I do with the hard pipe that goes underneath the car? Where is it going to? Can I just block it off.

Thanks again mate :)

It's a vent for the petrol tank. Just bend it down to vent under the car or personally I'd just trace back to the tank, remove the hard pipe and run a pipe out the back under the car with a non-return valve on the end.

Well i am glad you found them as i am about to do the same thing to mine but could not find any one way valves, my search skills suck.

Be wary about removing the water heating to the throttle valve, especially living ooop north! In very cold humid weather it's all too easy for throttle plates to freeze open, and you may find yourself in a mess. They make very little difference to the intake air temp, they just stop condensates freezing up.

Be wary about removing the water heating to the throttle valve, especially living ooop north! In very cold humid weather it's all too easy for throttle plates to freeze open, and you may find yourself in a mess. They make very little difference to the intake air temp, they just stop condensates freezing up.

I was thinking that but I then wondered if the aftermarket TBs had central heating or not?

My car is always garaged so I would be surprised if it froze. I always let my car heat up in the winter also so I doubt the engine bay temps would be low enough to allow the tb to freeze.

I'll still keep it under advisement though, if I know it's potentially an issue I can take the above measures to make sure the tb is toasty.