The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Can the small diff take decent torque?

Scott

What do you base that info on? gearing will be to short unless you have a 10,000rpm rev limit, i go over the finish line at almost the redline in 4th with my big diff.

Quite right JP in fact the yanks would not evenuse a JDM 6 speed diff they only use the UK ratio, larger (numerically) ratios only work when they are turning a very tall tire and also turbo cars work in a diff way to an NA V8, they like to be loaded to get the turbo spooling.

Will a UK TT6 diff give me a higher speed in 4th gear then? is it possible upgrade my j-spec/trd diff to uk ratios?

I was thinking i might have to raise my rev limit to get a better terminal, didnt want to go back to 28" tyres as i had clearance issues last time.

Will a UK TT6 diff give me a higher speed in 4th gear then? is it possible upgrade my j-spec/trd diff to uk ratios?

I was thinking i might have to raise my rev limit to get a better terminal, didnt want to go back to 28" tyres as i had clearance issues last time.

Yes mate but the TT6 UK is the holy grail !!!!! I will be selling mine pretty soon im sure, you can try the 2 way if you like with the billet cover, you won't brake it !!!

The gear ratio and a rebuild kit dude, at your rev limit prob make 7-8 mph difference.

Another job for Lee this winter, cheers mate, tried calling you today as was gonna stop at yours when i dropped the car to Lee today, will pop over later in the week.

Another job for Lee this winter, cheers mate, tried calling you today as was gonna stop at yours when i dropped the car to Lee today, will pop over later in the week.

Didn't have a missed call JP but had a day off, dentist, then got sent to hospital about the tooth and first day back in the gym !!!! Prob gonna do a white collar MMA fight before racing starts next year so though it best to start training now. The ratios aint cheap JP with that and labour better off buying a diff thats right.