The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Your opinions on Ferrari F430 Coupe and Lamborghini Gallardo

Brazil

Not driven a Gallardo so can’t comment on that one.

Had the f430 for over 4 months and love it every time I take it out for a drive. It’s special feeling even when you cruise doing 30mph. They handle very good and sounds awesome. Have it decated and put a tubi exhaust system and it will sound like WOT even at low revs :D

It’s a fast car but not that fast if you compare to a single turbo Supra. I did 2 runs last weekend at Supra Pod and both around mid 12s.

Not sure if you can get a good one for 70K though. Decent ones are going for 80K mark I think. Mine is a spider with F1 gearbox kit and just over 100K.

How about 996 GT2? Good ones are going for around 45-50K mark and are starting to go up due to limited numbers. Only 125 of them were made and lots been written off :D

If you are near London let me know I can take you out for a spin in both.

Couple of pics for you ;)

Not driven a Gallardo so can’t comment on that one.

Had the f430 for over 4 months and love it every time I take it out for a drive. It’s special feeling even when you cruise doing 30mph. They handle very good and sounds awesome. Have it decated and put a tubi exhaust system and it will sound like WOT even at low revs :D

It’s a fast car but not that fast if you compare to a single turbo Supra. I did 2 runs last weekend at Supra Pod and both around mid 12s.

Not sure if you can get a good one for 70K though. Decent ones are going for 80K mark I think. Mine is a spider with F1 gearbox kit and just over 100K.

How about 996 GT2? Good ones are going for around 45-50K mark and are starting to go up due to limited numbers. Only 125 of them were made and lots been written off :D

If you are near London let me know I can take you out for a spin in both.

Couple of pics for you ;)

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s24/jaysnw/IMG_0507.jpg

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s24/jaysnw/IMG_0513.jpg

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s24/jaysnw/IMG_0373.jpg

I wondered whose that was :drool:

Sounded lovely!

I seen one in Lisbon for the first time last month, it looked amazing in white..:cool:

If you are near London let me know I can take you out for a spin in both

Thanks for the offer Jay..:D

I am glad everybody is leaning more to the F430 side because that is my favourite also..!

Guest George89

I have driven both the gallardo and f430 on track and road. Without thinking twice i would pick the f430, The Gallardo doesn't have that response or the feel of the ferrari. Its hard to explain what i mean but if you drive them both you will see. Also the f430 will hold its value better.

I will be driving the 458 italia next week tuesday so can't wait to see what that one is like.

People are mentioning the R8 being a better buy. I thought that the R8 V10 and the Gallardo shared the same engine?

P.S. Ferrari for a real car and the Lambo for attention.

Correct, I wouldn't count out the R8, drove a manual one and it was pretty awesome.

I seen one in Lisbon for the first time last month, it looked amazing in white..:cool:

They actually look quite awesome in white! I had one for the weekend a couple years back!

Yep, I am wearing a skirt and no I am not scottish! :D

They actually look quite awesome in white! I had one for the weekend a couple years back!

http://i1046.photobucket.com/albums/b465/Abz1324/IMGP3257.jpg

Yep, I am wearing a skirt and no I am not scottish! :D

http://i1046.photobucket.com/albums/b465/Abz1324/IMGP3263.jpg

Dude, it's raining and your still wearing glasses!

I don't think i've ever seen a picture of you without them on! I think your a secret terminator! You got dodgy red eyes? :blink:

Surely if you get the F430, you'll be feeling like crap when you see a 458 roll by? :D

The 458 are so beautiful and the sound OMG, it's insane! I had one race past the front of my house about 5 times a month ago which at first I was certain that it was a motorbike. That was the day I first started to considering a F430..!

Dude, it's raining and your still wearing glasses!

I don't think i've ever seen a picture of you without them on! I think your a secret terminator! You got dodgy red eyes? :blink:

Yep! That day was constantly on & off rain and sunshine! Was quite interesting driving the Ferrari then! :D

Yah! If you tell anyone I'd have to kill you... Oh wait. ;)

ill be the car used to go out to dinner, go on dates etc"'

Most birds wouldnt know the difference between any sports cars ! - Rolls royce corniche convertable ,now they ALL know a roller !!!

Arrive in style dude!! style beats speed every day of the week - and it would save some dubloons along the way !!

ill be the car used to go out to dinner, go on dates etc"'

Most birds wouldnt know the difference between any sports cars ! - Rolls royce corniche convertable ,now they ALL know a roller !!!

Arrive in style dude!! style beats speed every day of the week - and it would save some dubloons along the way !!

He wants to get to his dinner date, women are rarely impressed by a breakdown on the WAY to their nigh t out ;) Not that a Ferrari is *much* better than a Corniche in the reliability stakes, but every little helps!

he wants to get to his dinner date, women are rarely impressed by a breakdown on the way to their nigh t out ;) not that a ferrari is *much* better than a corniche in the reliability stakes, but every little helps!

:D, some men really do try a bit hard...

Surely if you get the F430, you'll be feeling like crap when you see a 458 roll by? :D

Ha. Too right. Didn't Clarkson say the same thing. To be fair when he reviewed the F430 it did say it was truly a masterpiece and quite possibly the best drive of his life.

"I'm struggling to think of ANYTHING wrong with this thing". Enough said.