The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Your opinions on Ferrari F430 Coupe and Lamborghini Gallardo

Brazil

Have any of you guys driven either the Ferrari F430 Coupe or Lamborghini Gallardo? In your opinion which is a better car? I am leaning towards the Ferrari F430 I think its a better looking and I love the sound they make on WOT.

My budget will be around 70k, I would like a manual gear box just in case I need to replace it in future because I read that the Ferrari F430 F1 gear box cost 20k compared to its manual gear box only cost 2k.

The idea is that the Ferrari F430/Gallardo will be the car used to go out to dinner, go on dates etc. I will than be able to free up the Supra to attempt more performance modification and have a Porsche Cayenne as a daily driver.

The F430 is a better drive IMO. It's a more refined machine, and as with any decent Ferrari the chassis is just beautiful. You can't argue with that engine note either.

The Lambo is more extroverted, and the louder paint and interiors may appeal to some (not me though!). Also, 4WD means it could be seen as more practical. However, when will you be driving the car? In the snow and driving rain, or on sunny days when you can really enjoy it?

They're two very different beasts, and I'd be tempted to say the Fezza is the real driver's car here.

Get yourself one of these 'experience' days at a track and bag yourself a good test drive :)

I had a driving experience in a Gallardo and a 360 (obviously you're on about an F430 but it may compare).

The Gallardo sounded better and felt smoother and nicer to drive (it was a flappy-paddle arrangement).

The 360 had a manual gearbox and was very stiff and more "racey" in its feel. The manual 'box was horrible IMO and it took ages to get it into each gear, sometimes having to double de-clutch.

Obviously I only drove them for 5 minutes or so each and the 430's gearbox may be completely different than the 360's.

If it were me, I'd test drive them both but would more than likely end up in the F430 just for the looks, the sound and the badge :cool:

I had a Gallardo E gear spider for a while last year. Beautiful car. i've never driven the 430, but i've driven a 360 - the Gallardo wins hands down for me. The clutch on the E gear costs around 4k to replace though and it gets through them quite quickly.

The sound the thing makes is just insane and I think they look awesome. As someone said though - it is a little bit about theatre, but who cares!

I know a chap with an F430 and he said it's always breaking down - but he still loves it :)

Paul.

I would love a Ferrari at some point but the reliabilty and the cost of fixing would worry me. I drove a Gallardo on a track day and I must say that I was very disappointed with the drive. That said, the two Ferraris that I have driven where also falling apart.

In this bracket an R8 or an Aston would be my choice.

H.

why not buy a second hand gtr and spend loads on it and will be more reliable. I love being in my supra and come across new porshes or astons and I pulling away from them. I had a nice race with a 911 turbo coming back from northampton. I think his girlfriend dumped him afterwards:)

Only driven the lambo, but I picked that over a Ferrari.. still would even though I'm sure they're both amazing cars :) You're lucky to be in that position to chose! Also the Lambo has a lot of Audi equipement and parts bin items... so it might not feel as special as you'd expect.. but quality fit and felt well put together.

I can't see how a car can be good if its always breaking . other then that I love lambos but the f430 is one of the best looking for ferrari. the sensible option would be audi r8 as said above. but I would still get a real car and get a gtr. unless you got money to waste and very rich:) and to say you own a ferrari

I can't see how a car can be good if its always breaking . other then that I love lambos but the f430 is one of the best looking for ferrari. the sensible option would be audi r8 as said above. but I would still get a real car and get a gtr. unless you got money to waste and very rich:) and to say you own a ferrari

You'll find the GT-R isn't all that reliable either. It also doesn't look as good, isn't as nice to drive, doesn't sound as nice and doesn't have as nice an interior.

So you havent read Jurgens thread then :blink: Only true way to know what you really like is to drive the pair back to back, if thats possible. As Havard said dont rule out the R8.

I have to say the R8 is not in the same league as the other two. It's FAR too expensive and doesn't feel special at all IMHO :)

I have spent a few weekends in both, I'd pick the F430 eyes closed out of the two.

The F430 felt like a go kart, one of the best handling cars I have ever driven! Lovely sound & stunning looks. The only downside is the stereo is rubbish and it does look a little pants everywhere else in the cockpit apart from the dials.

The Gallardo although pretty and very dramatic outside feels very very Audi inside. The sound of the Gallardo is extremely nice too! Though the driving experience is numbed down, didn't find the brakes that good either, reverse camera is good though!

Saying all that though you really need to drive them both.