The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What car other than a supra would you put a 2JZ into

gavin.starr

I want to see someone put one in something so light you can lift two wheels off the floor with one hand. A kit car type thing. Basically, I want mental speed. I'd probably go for a V8 though if I were serious about it.

Once you stick a cast iron block 3 litre straight six twin turbo in something light it becomes something heavy though :)

Once you stick a cast iron block 3 litre straight six twin turbo in something light it becomes something heavy though :)

Yep, hence the V8 comment. I'm dying to have a go in the Atom V8. Always fancied a go in the Chevy smallblock Caterfield things people build from time-to-time too. I'll be honest though, since I've started testing with my single-seater I don't think road cars are ever going to seem the same ever again :)

I absolutely LOVE it. More than I ever imagined I would. Had a bit of an incident at Silverstone with a Formula Renault on my first outing, coming together in Brooklands (he said afterwards he didn't think it was my fault - he was behind another Renault that I let past and dove for a gap that wasn't there), but I learnt a hell of a lot that day and managed to get the car fixed for the afternoon session. Enjoyed every second.

:)