The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How Rich Are You?

Heyrick

skint

There are always exceptions but in this country I think that's more to do with expenditure rather than income?

Expenditure equal to/greater than income equals "feeling" poor. (Perhaps this lesson should be taught to all those involved with the looting the other week?)

lol the webpage is seriously flawed. By earning £500 a year I am still in the TOP 47.22% richest people in the world!

According to some 2005 UN figures, about 1/5 of the Earth's population, or 1.1 billion people, live on less than $1 a day so that's about £300! It may not be that far out I'm afraid - we really don't know how well off we are in the west.

That said, recent events have led me to believe that being rich in friends and family is far better than having lots of cash. You do need money to live a decent life though unfortunately.

H.

Too true. The trick is to have a good family and loads of money though. I have a incredible family but sadly more debts than money.

Still can't get used to the Avatar.

Too true. The trick is to have a good family and loads of money though. I have a incredible family but sadly more debts than money.

Still can't get used to the Avatar.

I am going to change it when I get back to England.

Mrs H and I have been comfortable for a while but a recent attempt at buying a house has made me feel that I needed more money and should be earning more. It's easy to get greedy.

I have just lost a friend who retired two years ago. After two weeks of retirement he was diagnosed with cancer. He lost his battle last week and it dawned on me that throughout his life he had saved money and been careful as we are, but he never got chance to enjoy his savings.

I think it may be time to live a little and maybe not worry about money and flash cars as much.

H.

I am going to change it when I get back to England.

Mrs H and I have been comfortable for a while but a recent attempt at buying a house has made me feel that I needed more money and should be earning more. It's easy to get greedy.

I have just lost a friend who retired two years ago. After two weeks of retirement he was diagnosed with cancer. He lost his battle last week and it dawned on me that throughout his life he had saved money and been careful as we are, but he never got chance to enjoy his savings.

I think it may be time to live a little and maybe not worry about money and flash cars as much.

H.

Sorry to hear about your friend. :(

Well apparently I am rich being in the top .52 but it doesnt feel like it of late, spending almost £7k on rail and tube, and now the area around the station where I used to park has been made residents only it can cost £8.50 a day to park if there are no spaces nearby. Electric, gas and water all on the up as are most things in life means that I seem to have less disposable income than I ever have. It is all about that really, disposable income.

However, I have to agree what someone else said on here, here in the west most people have no idea how wealthy we actually are in terms of money and possesions, and what H says about family and friends is also true and in fact I know people who are really poor but have an excellent quality of life, as opposed to what we would see as a 'standard of life'.

In the developed world people earn a lot..... but they also owe a lot. Is someone who earns £50,000 a year but owes £200,000 on their mortgage richer than someone who earns £1000 per year and owes nothing? Yes probably (the £200k is a fixed debt that will decrease in time) but these websites never tell the rounded story.

I'm not belittling how little people in the 3rd world earn compared to us. I wouldn't want to swap places with them. :(

Well apparently I am rich being in the top .52 but it doesnt feel like it of late, spending almost £7k on rail and tube, and now the area around the station where I used to park has been made residents only it can cost £8.50 a day to park if there are no spaces nearby. Electric, gas and water all on the up as are most things in life means that I seem to have less disposable income than I ever have. It is all about that really, disposable income.

However, I have to agree what someone else said on here, here in the west most people have no idea how wealthy we actually are in terms of money and possesions, and what H says about family and friends is also true and in fact I know people who are really poor but have an excellent quality of life, as opposed to what we would see as a 'standard of life'.

Also here in the west, we pay some of the highest taxes!