The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Price of petrol WTF

Bill Prawn

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When the lorries blockaded, it was good for a few days, then people started getting pissed off at running out of petrol and all the stations were empty as well. I remember people at work moaning about 'the bloody lorries'!! And then the government put stuff on TV saying that emergency services were begining to run out of petrol and soon would only be able to attend life or death emergencies!!

Action like that needs to be planned well, we can't just say 'lets block all the pumps that'll be good' cos the government run the news, they'll turn everyone in the country against us, saying they don't bargain with irrational action groups and things like that.

I don't have the answer just saying that everything that people mention when this subject comes up simply won't work. We'll probably end up getting shafted whatever we do.

Have you not yet realised that to this government the motorist is an easy target for income.

We have to suppliment the disgusting way in which the majority of our money is so badly spent - Advisors and Consultants!!

You can guarantee that there are advisors and consultants advising the government, how, where and when fuel is to rise and fall and all these parasites have to be paid fat salaries.

I agree with the idea of everyone uniting and not buying petrol for two days, that, I feel, would colapse the economy and show the theiving gits who really is in charge.

I fear though, until we all unite and let em know, there aint no use in whinging cos they aint listening.

But, lets not just lay the blame at the governments feet - it has also got alot to do with the 'cartel', oops they don't like to be called that! they like us to beleive they trade fairly - Who said price fixing aint fair??

That's that off my chest.

It will effect the government... no petrol being sold means no HUGE profits from fuel tax. Do you honestly think they encorraged people to go back to work in London last Friday to show we weren't scared??? Nope it's coz they were losing mega bucks and loss of life isn't as important as making money

Having two days 'off' from buying petrol is not the answer.

People would fill up at midnight and then at 00.01 two days later and say they did their bit.

So the fuel companies would have massive takings for two days and lower ones for two days.

Plus only probably 10 - 20% of the motorists would do this anyway.

We need a maximum impact minimum inconvienience event that is within the law. :help:

How about we start a a thread in each car club in the country.

My thinking is that we can do it in all parts of GB. Block the petrol companies factories. If everyone does it from early in the morning before rush hour.

That will make the news.

Start a website for announcing our disgust at the government and the prices.

Surely between all we could pay to host a site or someone here can host it for us.

Get people all to visit the site - get backing from the Sun/ Max Power and others - Miami-GT, Envy...

Then get the truckers involved if poss. All participents do not buy fuel.

We need to make ourselves herd. :complain:

Just an idea :tumble:

How about we start a a thread in each car club in the country.

My thinking is that we can do it in all parts of GB. Block the petrol companies factories. If everyone does it from early in the morning before rush hour.

That will make the news.

Start a website for announcing our disgust at the government and the prices.

Surely between all we could pay to host a site or someone here can host it for us.

Get people all to visit the site - get backing from the Sun/ Max Power and others - Miami-GT, Envy...

Then get the truckers involved if poss. All participents do not buy fuel.

We need to make ourselves herd. :complain:

Just an idea :tumble:

Sounds like a good start to a plan

Be careful with blockades, the main action the government took after the truckers blockades 4(?) years ago was to introduce a load of new laws to make actually stopping the distributers going about their deliver business illegal, and AIUI gave the police more scope to remove such people from blockades. Protesting is ok, blockades aren't, IIRC.

Blockades at the oil depots etc are not the way to go.

It's not the oil companies that impose the high pump prices its the tax-man/government.

We need to get e-mail or postal address of these people and bombard them with both types of post.

Fill their inboxes and post boxes so they are unable to do their business will soon get them awake.

This would be a good start it's not illegal and could have an immediate effect.

I hate the way people in this country are taxed, I worked out the other day at least 60-70% of my income goes on taxes, income, fuel, NI, VAT, council etc etc, we need to make our voices heard on fuel tax. I think we are the second or third highest for fuel prices in the developed world!!!! :complain:

It's not the oil companies that impose the high pump prices its the tax-man/government.

We need to get e-mail or postal address of these people and bombard them with both types of post.

Fill their inboxes and post boxes so they are unable to do their business will soon get them awake.

This does sound like the best plan and no one can get done for it. If we spread the word over all the car clubs Im sure some people would have e-mail addresses that we need. Then let the e-mailing comence.

This does sound like the best plan and no one can get done for it. If we spread the word over all the car clubs Im sure some people would have e-mail addresses that we need. Then let the e-mailing comence.

The one thing we need is a short message for all to send.

Someting like:

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am contacting you at my disgust at the cost of fuel in the UK.

We currently have one of the highest rates of taxation on fuel for any country in the world.

How can this be justified?

We have supported many of the oil producing countries in recent years with both financial and mortal costs, but still the price keeps increasing, at an alarming rate.

I appreciate the cost of crude has increased but the added exaggerated weight of tax on top is not acceptable.

Please explain to me how you arrive at this pricing structure and why?

I am sure that the cost is not indicative of the cost at source of crude. This is a fact that I believe is borne out by fuel prices at pumps worldwide.

Please give this mail the respect it deserves and respond with the relative answers.

Best regards.

I'm a performance engineer and use tools which bombard systems with requests/processes anything to bring it to its knees and find bottlenecks.

I took down the mobile german ebay site kinda by accident in a few minutes. :scare:

An email inbox should take all of 30 seconds :D

Ok so how about every one sends the letter that bill prawn wrote or one of your own to your local mp

e.g.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am contacting you at my disgust at the cost of fuel in the UK.

We currently have one of the highest rates of taxation on fuel for any country in the world.

How can this be justified?

We have supported many of the oil producing countries in recent years with both financial and mortal costs, but still the price keeps increasing, at an alarming rate.

I appreciate the cost of crude has increased but the added exaggerated weight of tax on top is not acceptable.

Please explain to me how you arrive at this pricing structure and why?

I am sure that the cost is not indicative of the cost at source of crude. This is a fact that I believe is borne out by fuel prices at pumps worldwide.

Please give this mail the respect it deserves and respond with the relative answers.

Best regards.

Who else can we send it to?

Not petrol companies I suppose.

Can we arrange a day to send them, get as many forums as possible signed up to do it at the same time.

All have different titles so they can't block them too easily.

I think the idea of different titles is good.

All on one day would be a bad idea as they will expect them and ignore many.

Oil companies are not the people to send them to. They price at what they are told.