The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Price of petrol WTF

Bill Prawn

I have been in the States for 6 days and Optimax at my local Shell has gone up 6p!!!!!!! :eek:

It's now 95.9p a litre way over £4 a gallon.

This was made evn more painful by the cost in America.

Is it not about time we did something about this?

I'm sure this is not what we should be paying.

Any views? :complain:

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are sleepwalking into this, because it isnt the "done" thing to complain the price will go higher and higher with the government blaming everyone else apart from themselves and if you protest you get locked up with the key thrown away, unless of course you are an extremist rabble rousing muslim cleric on the social where you are treated with kid gloves by the liberal minded arty farty political elite who havent got a single clue between them and we have voted in while hard working upstanding christian and muslims get ground down by the ever growing raft of legislation............sorry, got carried away I think the price of petrol is terrible and something should be done about it.

Tesco's branksome now has it which is a very small garage near Bournemouth. Thats sitting at 89.9p per litre normal UL is 85.9p in same tesco's. As LRP is removed from tesco's some are replacing it with 99. Its going to hit a quid a litre soon enough as oil costs by the barrel is continuing its upwards trend.

I think if it hits £1 / Ltr "and i'm sure it will" The government are in for a full on s**t storm from everybody, not just truckers and other high fuel consumers. I think that maybe then, and only then, full the prices fall through the floor. But i'm sure the robbing bas**rds will get it out of us one way or another.

Too expensive. Until people stand up and say something as a unit in this country nothing will happen.....

I agree though it is outrageous what they are asking for.

If we could just get everyone not to buy petrol for one day all over the country that would send a signal to those ring pieces in a suit..... :complain:

What do they all want us to drive 1.0L cars?!!! :shrug:

rant over :D

Very few people are prepaired to fight for anything in this country anymore, we elect governments, who from day one in power walk all over us, it's called the mushroom factor....kept in the dark and fed bullshit. They know from experience they can largely get away with it. They last great show of people power was with the poll tax, it did change things, but we sat back down on our backsides and eventually got shafted with the council tax instead, which rises year on year beyond any reasonable amount.

And so it is with petrol, most of our natural assets have been squandered by consecutive governments, who with little to trade and bargain, rely on buying in most of our energy and charging us for the privilege of their mis-management.

The list is endless as to what we get ripped off with:

Petrol, Booze, Fags, Speed camera's etc, etc. Collectively we potentially have the power to change things, but we never do, we just moan. Thatcher put paid to people sticking together with her divide and rule policy's, and as Thatcher said of Blair, "I'm glad to see he's continuing where we, the Conservatives, left off"!

Rant over :violin:

What better excuse for a meet?! :D

All we have to do is all meet together, instead of these smaller individual ones.

Just happens to be at a major road instead of a nice pub car park! :p

Im sure a few car mags at least would turn up to see a hundred or so supes blocking a road?

Then they'd just say the 'gas guzzlers' are annoyed by the high pricing, and turn the rest of the country against us!! It won't work. Need a better plan.

agreed, then greenpeace will be on our backs as well. if anyone wants to do anythin, get a few "normal cars" involved too - plus the more the merrier! concil tax really does annoy me, a quarter of my current monthly wage goes in that alone! :twak: i'm only 23 and i still remember when petrol was in the 70p figures and at the time i thought that was expensive! i'd love it right now it petrol was that price again!

Playing 'devil's advocate' for a second here - the government did graciously (?) drop another pre-planned 4p tax hike only last week, due to the "current high price of oil".

Or, reading between the lines, they are $hit-scared of crossing the magical £1/litre marker, and the public fury this would cause.

Basically, we have been paying 90(ish)p/litre for long enough not to _really_ notice. The £1 marker would be a political killer!

agreed, then greenpeace will be on our backs as well. if anyone wants to do anythin, get a few "normal cars" involved too - plus the more the merrier! concil tax really does annoy me, a quarter of my current monthly wage goes in that alone! :twak: i'm only 23 and i still remember when petrol was in the 70p figures and at the time i thought that was expensive! i'd love it right now it petrol was that price again!

I'm only a couple of years past you, and I remember 50p/litre!! That's where we should be going back to!