The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fitting HKS SSQV

jackso11

I have a second hand SSQV that I am going to fit, also got the supra bottom part and bracket. Looks like I am missing the cap to cap off the pipe that recirculates the air from the original BOV. Any ideas where I might be able to source one of these caps? Would halfords do them? if so, anyone know the right size?

• 2 weeks later...

Quick question, the small hose off the back of the ssqv, does that just connect to the small hose that comes off the original Bov? adding in the little air filter it comes with. I have been thrown by the fact it comes with 2 T pieces that I don't seem to need :D

Quick question, the small hose off the back of the ssqv, does that just connect to the small hose that comes off the original Bov? adding in the little air filter it comes with. I have been thrown by the fact it comes with 2 T pieces that I don't seem to need :D

The T Piece is to connect to the manifold when there isn't already a line there. For example if you took away all the TT sequential system you would be left without one so you would need to T into one of the manifold vac lines.

But yeah, you can use the stock BOV actuation line.

Yes, Jackland. It got called that because everyone here likes cars and is over 7ft tall :D

Fitted the SSQV, love the sound :D but the standard BOV pipe doesn't quiet reach it when its on the supra fitting kit bracket, anyone else had that problem? I forgot to measure the pipe and want to get some on the way home, anyone know the diameter? 19mm?

Looking at the pictures here....

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?35947-Blow-Off-Valve-Dump-Valve-BOV&p=885796&viewfull=1#post885796

I think I am attaching the bracket to the wrong bolt. Can someone point me at the correct nut/bolt to attach it to? I looked around and cant see any others that would be better......but I can't find my keys when they are on a table in front of me so I am not the best for finding things :p

thanks for the instructions Darren. Picture attached here for anyone else who needs it in future.

My problem seems to be that pipe number 2 in the image doesn't seem to be the same length as the standard toyota BOV pipe I have. Does another one come int he surpa fitting kit? I renewed the one on my standard BOV last year so its nice and new, not old and hard, but it won't reach the new SSQV.

photo.jpg