The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Not for sale anymore ---JUN Cams - Valve Springs and Titainium Retainers

Robbie

Q: who did the head porting on that cylinderhead? - A: Gary at GT-Art

Q: why was it removed from the block? - A: Broken valve from dodgy sparkplug. I'd been trying out some cheap plugs and the results were not what I hoped for

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hey mate..Any reason why the shims are Nissan shims and not Toyota shims? Would you consider sending to Japan at that price?

Hi. I'd imagine the cost to be quite high as it weighs over 20kg's but I've no problems with posting abroad.

The shims under the buckets is the same design as an RB head. The std 2jz head has a recessed bucked that holds a much larger(almost the same diameter as the bucket , shim , and therefore heavier slab of metal. Being above the bucket and directly against the cam it could therefore pop out under extreme high revs (in theory).

I assumed samurai20v was interested in the head, as he began with a query regarding the shims in the head

For the cams DHL will do it for around 68 GBP

Ahh, that makes more sense then :D

£140 actually isn't as bad as I thought it would be considering.

I assumed samurai20v was interested in the head, as he began with a query regarding the shims in the head

For the cams DHL will do it for around 68 GBP

Sorry mate, I should have been a bit clearer there..Its the cams I am interested in.

Let me just do some checking and I will get back to you, if it gets sold in the interim thats cool!

Thks mate..

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.