The mkiv Supra Owners Club

fitting fmic stuck need help please

Paul372

Hi, i have a few questions, i've try to search for a step by step guild but couldn't find anything, i've removed headlights, fromt bumper etc, i've removed all the air con pipes, fan and condenssor has i'm not running air con. What else do i have to remove,

1, does the plastic tray under the expansion tank got to be remove

2, what do i do with the sensor attached to the front crash bar, is that an air bag sensor, my supra doesn't have air bags so do i just tie it up out the way

3, how high does the fmic have to sit, level with the bottom part that the ac rad sat on

4, the brackets to mount the fmic were do they fix to on the supra have you got to drill new holes and the same for the top

i think that about covers it thanks

1. Mine went and I made custom ducting to do a similar job

2. I think it's an ambient temp sensor - I relocated mine (still in the front duct area though)

3. The bottom of mine is a little higher than the subframe so that ducting sits across the gap nicely

4. I drilled a couple of extra holes but also used front undertray fixing points as well

is there anyone who lives near me, who could give me a hand i live near bluewater it would really help me out big time, i will sort you out a drink, its all strip down its just boltting the fmic in the right place that i'm stuck with, thanks

is there anyone who lives near me, who could give me a hand i live near bluewater it would really help me out big time, i will sort you out a drink, its all strip down its just boltting the fmic in the right place that i'm stuck with, thanks

get the bluewater meet to come down to you and help! 10 pairs of hands are better than 1!!

the fmic seems to clear the power steering coolings pipes ok, i've remove all the air con fan, pipes and condenssor has i'm not running air con, i don't know if you have to remove the rad expansion tanks the top bracket for the fmic seem to line up at the top but the bottom bracket are about a inch to low, if i have to raise the fmic up i will have to remove the expansion tank and cut down the top brackets to mount the fmic

when fitting the fmic, does the under tray go back or do you leave it off, has it looks like i'm going to have to cut away some of the plastics that the under tray attach to because the fmic pipes are hitting the plastic near the front legs