The mkiv Supra Owners Club

R35 depreciating faster than R34?

Lude

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends who is pedaling. I know which I'd prefer :)

yeah the driver skill would come into it.

To be honest I'm not really the person to make a good decision on the matter having never driver a GTR before, I'm just basing my opinion on what I have seen and heard from others.

RWD is much more fun and like you say, if you have the skill then i'm sure it would be very balanced.

Mine is very usable. No traction issues in the dry and if it's driven off boost in the wet it's perfect. No fancy to try and take it out in the snow though :D

Im sure yours is very usable as are most of the 800bhp supras on this forum but as we have seen from your build and others your has not been built on a tight budget. The comment I was replying to was in regards to achieving this figure for less than a 650bhp skyline.

as for taking it out in the snow, I would be terified :D wouldnt want to spin and catch one of those wide archs. :)

I agree RWD is more fun, but I'm sure in a GTR it would be allot more accessible and usable, at least around a track anyway.

Probably easier to drive fast, but less rewarding with it (I'm yet to drive an R35, though I've driven plenty of earlier GTRs now and my daily is AWD turbo :) )

My old single certainly wasn't the most powerful Supra on here, but had obviously been built as a pretty specific track car and was fantastic in the twisties. Combined with the R888s, and a very good suspension setup it never left me wanting for anything. There was also alot more feedback in the steering than I'm used to on Supras, I'm not really sure why though I suspect it must have been geo/alignment.

What sort of cost are we looking at to get a GT-R to 650hp I mean parts alone.

I would say parts alone -

1,100cc Bosch Injectors - £600

Twin fuel pumps £250

intake kit with larger MAF housing - £300

Milltek 321 Steel downpipes - £300

Milltek Y-Pipe - £350

Milltek rear exhaust system - £1200

Cobb - £600

Total - £3500 ish