The mkiv Supra Owners Club

R35 depreciating faster than R34?

Lude

was looking online, how much the R35 have come down in price,

they are in the £30k price already,

and the R34 seems to be holding its own in the £20ks,

anyone else noticed this?

im asuming its as the R34 were less numbers & mostly only available in japan? where the R35 is a UK car ?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

R34 GTRs can be had in Japan for £14k occasionally. I think the R35s price will bottom out in the early teens.

I doubt there'll be any cheap salvage cars around, they're far too expensive to repair and they'll be worth an fortune in parts.

The second hand market is saturated too (check Pistonheads, eBay etc) which will harm values.

I really hope the R35 is remembered for it's astonishing abilities, rather than it's astonishing pricing structure :(

People are terrified of having an accident in one, anything more than a minor car park nudge can easily write them off due to the vast amount of "stuff" just behind the bumper and the active Jay walking gizmo that kicks in if you hit anything bigger than a squirrel :)

Jurgen, you do not want to read this thread.... ;)

The R35 is like buying an Epson* printer. It seems amazing value for money until you have to refill the consumables!

Until a decent supply of 'compatibles' hits the market I think it's going to suffer with huge depreciation, IMO.

*Other printers are available. It's only because I have one, and know the rip off that is Epson ink!

The R35 is like buying an Epson* printer. It seems amazing value for money until you have to refill the consumables!

Until a decent supply of 'compatibles' hits the market I think it's going to suffer with huge depreciation, IMO.

*Other printers are available. It's only because I have one, and know the rip off that is Epson ink!

Have to agree there. They may seem like value for money due to the immense performance (and I came very close to buying one...) but after considering cost of owning it I just can't justify the purchase. That's why there are loads with low mileage around I guess.

Still a real beast tho if I can afford to run one I will defo buy it! Best 4WD coupe ever!

Strange how my guaranteed by-back in a little over 3 years, is £30K... better value than the Aston I looked at with more than £30K of the new price, with 620 odd miles on the clock, from an Aston dealer. Sadly its something that you have to accept.

Strange how my guaranteed by-back in a little over 3 years, is £30K... better value than the Aston I looked at with more than £30K of the new price, with 620 odd miles on the clock, from an Aston dealer. Sadly its something that you have to accept.

Not strange, just Aston depreciation is shocking too :D

yep they are droping in price... but just cause there is one at 30k does not mean thats what they are worth..

there is also tts at 6k and some at 10 11k..

lowest price does not dictate the market value...

there is a chap in the forum GTR who bought a so called 30k R35 GTR - from a dealer middlehurst and it was rolled even though he was told it was fine..

i think the clean ones are still in 40ks..

yep they are droping in price... but just cause there is one at 30k does not mean thats what they are worth..

there is also tts at 6k and some at 10 11k..

lowest price does not dictate the market value...

there is a chap in the forum GTR who bought a so called 30k R35 GTR - from a dealer middlehurst and it was rolled even though he was told it was fine..

i think the clean ones are still in 40ks..

I read about that one... :(

Besides, I have wanted a GTR for so long, started with the 34 and now have settled on this one. The plan is not to sell, it's a long term car :)

I think the depreciation on my scoob is worse......

Still well happy with my purchase and cannot wait for next Friday when I collect :D tracker being fitted tomorrow... Then 400 mile drive back home :)

an unbelievable car for sure...I was told by someone who bought a brand new car that the sales manager tried to get him to sign a piece of paper that stated if he used the launch control his warranty would be null and void, after a lot of argy bargy (at this point the car was paid for in full) the owner didnt sign said piece of paper. Unbelievable sales ethic for unbelievable car.

• 4 months later...

R35 values have dropped quite a bit in these last few months, £35k seems to be the general lowest entry price into GTR ownership, though the odd one appears for nearer £30k. However, some R34s are still £40-60k in Japan! If you can find a Z tune, that'll be more than a brand new Vspec R35.

It's quite safe to say the R34 is winning depreciation wise, at this rate many R35s will be around £25k this time next year.

R35 values have dropped quite a bit in these last few months, £35k seems to be the general lowest entry price into GTR ownership, though the odd one appears for nearer £30k. However, some R34s are still £40-60k in Japan! If you can find a Z tune, that'll be more than a brand new Vspec R35.

It's quite safe to say the R34 is winning depreciation wise, at this rate many R35s will be around £25k this time next year.

I think that's when I'll make my foray into the GTR market!

Had this conversation with Rob Wild on the Christmas Do. Although we can both afford one, I am not really overly keen on shelling out silly money on the running costs. That said, if I drive it as much as the Supra then it will cost me very little.

They are now becoming a lot of car for the money.

H.

Had this conversation with Rob Wild on the Christmas Do. Although we can both afford one, I am not really overly keen on shelling out silly money on the running costs. That said, if I drive it as much as the Supra then it will cost me very little.

They are now becoming a lot of car for the money.

H.

With the X6 and the 535d outside, and living on my own the GTR would only ever be a fun car - and having 35k sat on my path is just too much. 25k, I could cope with. Gives Ryan a lot of time to get the Syvecs 100% sorted too