The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1099 rwhp (1293bhp) dyno video.

JamieP

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watch this space shortly were all going to be branded racist lol I'm sure there's US members on here reading and plotting an invasion. Maybe they should send one of their cars to AFR and see what it makes on the dyno and stop their whinging.

They can't afford an invasion these days with their sub standrad credit rating and all. Most of the debt is probably due to replacing sub standard dynos. :)

I completely understand the arguments - as I *still* have no idea what power my car makes in UK terms, as every country seems to use a different measure.

Calling you or Ryan a liar is unnecessarily rude, when it would simply suffice to say that the dyno mis-reads. Simply put, put down a good terminal MPH on Sat and settle the argument.

just read through the supraforums thread, i'd noticed one bloke said that a few 76mm turbos have made a power similar to yours but on race fuel, do you have any idea as to what kind of power you might make on a race fuel map?

At the same boost levels it wont be much difference, get a few more degree of timing in and it may make 60-100 bhp more i guess.

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

I just read through that thread and sadly I have to say it's one of the most reserved and polite threads in an american car tuning forum I've ever read! You should consider yourself fortunate :D

I watched that speedo video. Really? That's really how it accelerates? Really? :blink: That's just beyond mental. How the hell do you park that thing :D

I work with one as well, you cant win an argument, they are never wrong. Always have to have the last word as well.

I'm married to one as well, you cant win an argument, they are never wrong. Always have to have the last word.

:D. Just kidding my wife is lovely :)

Just one point, I don't know how diff JP's tune is to fast 5 but shouting over on SF that he will run a terminal of 165 +++ is a big ask and putting a lot of pressure on the big man, you want him to pick up 23 mph does anybody realise here what is involved in doing this????? Your setting the Forum up for a big fall if JP or my car does not crack at least 155 and Im still playing with the tune in mine because of the smaller housing.

Just one point, I don't know how diff JP's tune is to fast 5 but shouting over on SF that he will run a terminal of 165 +++ is a big ask and putting a lot of pressure on the big man, you want him to pick up 23 mph does anybody realise here what is involved in doing this????? Your setting the Forum up for a big fall if JP or my car does not crack at least 155 and Im still playing with the tune in mine because of the smaller housing.

I don't think he needs any pressure to run a 165+ terminal.... it does what it does, I certainly wouldn't do anything more than show up, run the car and be pleased with whatever it does and enjoy the day. Sod them if they don't believe the numbers :)

165 is not going to be done on my power, jessica bartons car when 1078rwhp was doing low 150's with darin at the wheel.

I could not care less what they think tbh dude, i only post my videos over there to get the veiw count up and earn a few quid from them :D

Im not feeling any pressure, i love the car and will be happy with whatever it does the weekend, i just got fingers crossed for no rain, cant wait to get on track :)

I don't think he needs any pressure to run a 165+ terminal.... it does what it does, I certainly wouldn't do anything more than show up, run the car and be pleased with whatever it does and enjoy the day. Sod them if they don't believe the numbers :)

Thats the problem the terminal pretty much backs up the HP and going up saying it will run 165 is going to give the yanks so much amo if it does not, JP has not gone up saying he will do it just everyone else.

165 is not going to be done on my power, jessica bartons car when 1078rwhp was doing low 150's with darin at the wheel.

I could not care less what they think tbh dude, i only post my videos over there to get the veiw count up and earn a few quid from them :D

Yeah but that was american HP;)