The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1099 rwhp (1293bhp) dyno video.

JamieP

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im gonna have to get a detachable tow ball and one of them little halford trailers to carry my drag setup round, its that or buy a car trailer and tow the supe to events.

The tow bar is a cool way to go dude !!!! Can do that at the same time as the chute mount !!!!

Its going off on supraforums, they are now calling me a liar, Ryan a Liar and the dyno wrong because they cant make any decent numbers on pump.

Im happy to listen that the dyno could be over reading, its been said many times about dynapacks and could well be true, dont change the fact a claimed 1200bhp henessy vemon would only put down 880rwhp though, imo that backs up my numbers a bit more.

Its a nice read :)

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?642523-1099rwhp-on-UK-pump-fuel.

I love the fact they are stating that if the "experts" in the USA can't do it then it can't be done. :D

They put doubt in my head about the readings but then i got thinking, Hennesy venom with a claimed 1200bhp could only put down 880 whp at Dans.

Fastisnice who has always claimed 1xxx bhp went straight on after me, he is on a similar size billet turbo to myself (Garret gtx 42), he put down 588whp on dimitris map and 792 with Ryan remap.

Funny how said nothing about the speedo video.

Main thing is im enjoying it.

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

They put doubt in my head about the readings but then i got thinking, Hennesy venom with a claimed 1200bhp could only put down 880 whp at Dans.

Fastisnice who has always claimed 1xxx bhp went straight on after me, he is on a similar size billet turbo to myself (Garret gtx 42), he put down 588whp on dimitris map and 792 with Ryan remap.

Funny how said nothing about the speedo video.

I did notice that!

The funniest thing about that thread is that they claim the UK dynos are overreading. If ever there was a hypocritical thread it has to be that one.

Unbelievable. Your car would probably make 1500hp over there ffs.

Dare you to put that up !!!!!!!!

They can't see the wood for the trees to be honest. I'm going round in circles with a couple of them and they can't seem to grasp any logic that doesn't involve their side of things.

I deal with Americans a lot in my job, sadly I find most I deal with are like that and are very difficult to reason with. Sometimes when we have problems in our US office, even when faced with evidence on paper showing them they are wrong, you still can't tell them. Don't mean that to be a sweeping generalisation or anti-American, there are some good ones amongst the bad, I'm sure you know what I mean. Just leave them and their 500hp BPU Supras to it, no point arguing with people that don't understand logic.

Edited by kill1308 (see edit history)

If it happens outside the US then it's a lie after all they think there the master race, He-Man hasn't a look in over there.

It's sad if you ask me i don't understand there mentality at all. Liked the post from OZ though about their dynos reading 20%

More than anyone else's lol let them rant we all know there just jelous.

I deal with Americans a lot in my job, sadly I find most I deal with are like that and are very difficult to reason with. Sometimes when we have problems in our US office, even when faced with evidence on paper showing them they are wrong, you still can't tell them. Don't mean that to be a sweeping generalisation or anti-American, there are some good ones amongst the bad, I'm sure you know what I mean. Just leave them and their 500whp BPU Supras to it, no point arguing with people that don't understand logic.

I work with one as well, you cant win an argument, they are never wrong. Always have to have the last word as well.