The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1099 rwhp (1293bhp) dyno video.

JamieP

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is that power with NOS mate or without

Without, made less power with the nitrous because the timing was retarded for that run just to be safe, nitrous is only set to come on till i hit 1.4 bar then it switches off, 1033rwhp iirc with nitrous but spooled a lot quicker though. i will put up the with and without overlay when dan sends it over, you can see it in the video though, first green line is with nitrous, red line is without.

Do you have a build thread with more information on your cars setup? I am in the process of building my current 800whp 2JZ MKIII into a 1000whp drag car. Just curious. Thank you

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?248880-JamieP-s-(Black-Beast)-Supra-Project-2011-(update-1099rwhp)

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

Happy to give you a little head start mate ;) on a side not did you make your chute kit yaself? fancy making another that can be removed easily?

JP I'd love to make you a little chute kit dude, mine takes about 2 mins to whip off. Lee can knock one up easily but I would love to do it just because I love the car so much, no charge to you dude !!!!

JP I'd love to make you a little chute kit dude, mine takes about 2 mins to whip off. Lee can knock one up easily but I would love to do it just because I love the car so much, no charge to you dude !!!!

You the man, will talk to you about what i need to order unless you can supply it all?

You the man, will talk to you about what i need to order unless you can supply it all?

I will get everything from my pals scrap bin JP and get the bear to copy mine, do you still have the rear crash bar??? I might have to let you cross the line before me just to see it working !!!!;)

Congrats on the new power.

Have you got a chute? If not I'd think about one!

With that power you'll be way over 150mph.

1100 rwhp is a high 160 low 170 Terminal no matter how much the launch gets fluffed etc, at that speed JP could do with a chute, remember these cars are on DR 's with low pressure in them and prob skinny front tires, starnge stuff can happen when you let off and a lot of ground is covered at that speed very quickly, even if its on its roof the chute will slow it very quickly.

Yeah rear crash bar is still there, does it not go though where the number plate bolts on though?

Only if you want to pull the whole back of the car off !!!!! LOL. The rear crash bar is the only thing strong enough to mount the chute on JP, your plate will fit the same and everything is hidden behind the plate, but it is mounted on the rear crash bar.

that is a nice number, Jamie . Is that more then Dude's

Different dynos different numbers, they mean nothing at that power, im more interested in the terminal speeds of each car. as an aside and seeing as JP drives his car all the time I drove mine to the new shop and it drives much better than i thought, a drive to the pod on open roads would be quite fun, allthough it does leave big rubber lines everywhere !!!!

Different dynos different numbers, they mean nothing at that power, im more interested in the terminal speeds of each car. as an aside and seeing as JP drives his car all the time I drove mine to the new shop and it drives much better than i thought, a drive to the pod on open roads would be quite fun, allthough it does leave big rubber lines everywhere !!!!

Are you driving yours to the pod then Dude .

With that sort of power on tap have u ever struggled or had a close match to any other car on the road?
Even big bikes are scared of Jamie!

Well done on the result mate, got a couple of guys from work coming to Pod, just to see The Beast!

Pfft 9s, I wanna see 8s now :D

Absolutely awesome JP. It's amazing to think how far this car has come in the relatively short time you have had it. Gutted that I won't be going to Pod, this is one of the cars that I just have to see running in the flesh one day.

Great results mate, fingers crossed for you :)

I don't think it's going to be easy getting the 9 tbh, I learned a lot at fast5 and have read just about every thread on the drag racing section over at supraforums now, with the new setup I'm hoping I will get there, I will keep at it till I get the 9 I want.

1100 rwhp is a high 160 low 170 Terminal no matter how much the launch gets fluffed etc, at that speed JP could do with a chute, remember these cars are on DR 's with low pressure in them and prob skinny front tires, starnge stuff can happen when you let off and a lot of ground is covered at that speed very quickly, even if its on its roof the chute will slow it very quickly.

Yup I've experienced slicks and dr's at the top end.

Dr's are easy to drive, slicks are a whole new animal.

Be Interesting to see how it gets on next time at the track.

Yup I've experienced slicks and dr's at the top end.

Dr's are easy to drive, slicks are a whole new animal.

Be Interesting to see how it gets on next time at the track.

Sorry for the OT but do you run a MR2? What size slicks can fit on them?

Its going off on supraforums, they are now calling me a liar, Ryan a Liar and the dyno wrong because they cant make any decent numbers on pump.

Im happy to listen that the dyno could be over reading, its been said many times about dynapacks and could well be true, dont change the fact a claimed 1200bhp henessy vemon would only put down 880rwhp though, imo that backs up my numbers a bit more.

Its a nice read :)

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?642523-1099rwhp-on-UK-pump-fuel.

Its going off on supraforums, they are now calling me a liar, Ryan a Liar and the dyno wrong because they cant make any decent numbers on pump.

Im happy to listen that the dyno could be over reading, its been said many times about dynapacks and could well be true, dont change the fact a claimed 1200bhp henessy vemon would only put down 880rwhp though, imo that backs up my numbers a bit more.

Its a nice read :)

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?642523-1099rwhp-on-UK-pump-fuel.

Sounds like there just completely jealous mate as we are overtaking them on the pump fuel stakes :)