The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Greddy intake

Bailey.

I bought a godspeed copy. Cost me £180.

Had to do a little work on it but I'm quite happy with it. Worth considering.

Will post some pictures if your interested.

If you could mate that would be good, what did you have to mod on it?

If you could mate that would be good, what did you have to mod on it?

Basically it depends on how fussy you are. You could just bolt it straight on but I wanted to port match everything to improve flow.

Give me a few minutes and I will upload the images and you can see for yourself.

OK here we go.

This is what is included in the kit. Everything from the Greddy kit except for the throttle cable. You will need an St205 cable. I got one in very good condition second hand for £40. You will also need a q45 throttle body. I got this for £80 delivered from the states. Mine was in exceptional condition and came with all the bolts and the TPS which can be reused on your car if you have an aftermarket ECU like the Syvecs.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]136455[/ATTACH]

Inside the manifold:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]136457[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]136459[/ATTACH]

Gasket surface:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]136458[/ATTACH]

With the Q45 attached

[ATTACH=CONFIG]136456[/ATTACH]

The large metal gasket was a good fit to the stock intake runners but there was a need to remove some material on the intake to make the flow true.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]136460[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]136461[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]136462[/ATTACH]

This is the fitment of the Q45 to the intake. There is a small lip which I will be removing.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]136463[/ATTACH]

This is the setup with a bit of work:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]136464[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]136465[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]136466[/ATTACH]

Basically thats it for the moment. I won't lie to you it does require a bit of work IMO, but not so much as for me to justify paying an extra £500 for a genuine one. I have been able to do all the work myself with a dremel, some carbide bits and 80 grit flap wheel. It has taken me a few hours so far.

Having never seen a genuine one so I am unable to comment on the fitment in comparison. Maybe someone else will be able to comment on this.

Hope this helps mate.

OK here we go.

This is what is included in the kit. Everything from the Greddy kit except for the throttle cable. You will need an St205 cable. I got one very good condition second hand for £40. You will also need a q45 throttle body. I got this for £80 delivered from the states. Mine was in exceptional condition and came with all the bolts and the TPS which can be reused on your car if you have an aftermarket ECU like the Syvecs.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]136455[/ATTACH]

Inside the manifold:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]136457[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]136459[/ATTACH]

Gasket surface:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]136458[/ATTACH]

With the Q45 attached

[ATTACH=CONFIG]136456[/ATTACH]

The large metal gasket was a good fit to the stock intake runners but there was a need to remove some material on the intake to make the flow true.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]136460[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]136461[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]136462[/ATTACH]

This is the fitment of the Q45 to the intake. There is a small lip which I will be removing.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]136463[/ATTACH]

This is the setup with a bit of work:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]136464[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]136465[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]136466[/ATTACH]

Basically thats it for the moment. I won't lie to you it does require a bit of work IMO, but not so much as for me to justify paying an extra £500 for a genuine one. I have been able to all the work with a dremel, some carbide bits and 80 grit flap wheel. It has taken me a few hours so far.

Having never seen a genuine one I am unable to comment on the fitment in comparison. Maybe someone else will be able to comment on this.

Hope this helps mate.

Thats not bad you know, Are you going to blank the cacum holes on the top and tap so they are underneath out the way?

Nice work on that, bargain and looks like it will do the job as good as the greddy unit:thumbs:

Cheers Jamie. I tried removing the material with sanding bits first, but thats a big waste of time. Eventually bought a set of 10 carbide bits and by by metal.

To be honest I had not thought about that but I might consider it.

Need to see one of his. Does he supply a copy and modify it or does he do this to ones people bring to him?

I dont honestly know you may want to pm hime about it, if you look at rickys or jamesys engine bays they seem to be lacking vacums coming off the top!!??

I dont honestly know you may want to pm hime about it, if you look at rickys or jamesys engine bays they seem to be lacking vacums coming off the top!!??

Just had a look at Jamsey's car thread and Geo's, both have stock pipe work (as in for the greddy intake) from the rear block of the intake. Both do not appear to be modified.

Just had a look at Jamsey's car thread and Geo's, both have stock pipe work (as in for the greddy intake) from the rear block of the intake. Both do not appear to be modified.

I wasnt 100% sure and they all have strut braces so couldnt see it, have you got a link to a pic?

Still they dont have any vacums coming from the top do they??? Only on my iphone so not very clear??!

Where did you buy your godspeed manifold from blw?

They have the same hoses as in the kit I have. Theres a larger pipe for the Idle Control Valve and then a few others. Personally I can see any difference from the godspeed or stock ones there.

I got mine from velocity race. Arrived within 5 days from the states.

Velocity Race

They have the same hoses as in the kit I have. Theres a larger pipe for the Idle Control Valve and then a few others. Personally I can see any difference from the godspeed or stock ones there.

I got mine from velocity race. Arrived within 5 days from the states.

Velocity Race

Thanks for the info it's very much appreciated, I will get one ordered and get it to a standard like yours, and I will get a q45 tb ordered also.

One question, where does the idle control valve live once these are fitted?

Thanks for the info it's very much appreciated, I will get one ordered and get it to a standard like yours, and I will get a q45 tb ordered also.

One question, where does the idle control valve live once these are fitted?

No problem mate. If you need help with anything let me know.

The Idle Control Valve is mounted on a supplied bracket on the bulkhead. There is a large rubber pipe connecting it to the block at the back of the manifold. You can see it on Geo's picture.

I will shortly be contacting Jamsey/Lee about getting mine polished :)

I will get the bits ordered up and get it fitted up, maybe a month or so.....

One question, will I need a remap after fitting one of these?

I would have thought a remap would be needed given the higher capacity and flow, also you will have a larger throttle body which will alter the throttle response

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.