The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My new car :)

j_jza80

I 100% agree. They're OZ wheels (Vela?) and were probably stylish 10 years ago. They've seen better days now though and don't suit the car.

Some BBS LMs would look fantastic, though sadly well above budget. I think I'm going to go for some 17" Audi S4 'avus' wheels:

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f129/2000sforce/s4%20wheels/f26e.jpg

My S2 needs quite a specific, and unusual, wheel size: 17" 5x112, 7.5j et 30-45.

I can't go smaller than 17" due to my Porsche brembos, and don't want to go bigger for ride and grip.

BBS LM would look stunning! But the ones you posted look good too! :cool:

Good to see you are straight on it, dying the carpet is a good idea! Could you not dye it cream?

Good to see you are straight on it, dying the carpet is a good idea! Could you not dye it cream?

Not really, the darker patches would most likely ruin the effect.

I've ordered the back dye now, also ordered a re-colouring kit for the leather from furniture clinic. I've spent almost £250 now on interior restoration! :D

The weather here will prohibit any work on the car today. Hopefully tomorrow will bring better weather and more products :D

I'm also watching some wheels and a new parcel shelf on eBay :)

I got started on the carpet today :)

I've only done the first coat, but the difference is amazing. I'm really chuffed:

Before:

After:

Another coat or 2 will have it looking superb. Can't wait to get started on the seats now. On that note...

My furniture clinic recolouring/ restoration kit arrived. The service is brilliant from furniture clinic, with very quick delivery (and they accept paypal) and the products I've used so far have been top quality.

Nice work! Not feeling the Audi shape myself, but you have certainly shown a knack for resto work :D Keep up the pictoral updates please!!

It's a very unusual car. From some angles it looks almost awkward, like the front, back and sides were designed by separate people :D

That's what I like about it though, very few modern cars (especially Audis) have any character, this is unique and unusual. Plus, the 5 cylinder lump + turbo sounds fantastic :cool: TBH though VW should have stuck this running gear in the VW Corrado shell, what a car that would have been!

More updates as soon as I can, work won't resume until at least Monday now though :(

Practical Performance Car this month has a good article on the engines, and their strengths and weaknesses, in earlier 4 wd Audis. Nice car, the older ones had much better build quality than the current junk (IMHO).

I get that magazine every month :) as with most publications, I take what they say with a pinch of salt. However, for a monthly magazine it's informative and 'relatively' accurate, and they have some creative projects on the go.

Not sure about the newer Audis, but this does seem well built. its ability to keep rust at bay Seems phenomenal.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi Jamie, only just seen this :D

It's a very well built car. The cars body is galvanised and holds off rust better than any other 1980s/1990s car I've owned.

Performance wise, Off the line, it is extremely rapid for what it is, though it runs out of steam quickly compared to a Supra. It's very sure footed, at the approx 270hp my car is running, I'm yet to get it unstuck, not for lack of trying :D

Parts vary in price, though they're usually cheap compared to a Supra. You need a replacement 6 speed gearbox? That'll be under £500 :) Fuel economy and servicing costs are similar to a TT Supra.

Tuning wise, 270-280 hp is cheap, it requires nothing more than an exhaust and a home fries ecu remap. The stock engine will take over 400hp and there are many running circa 1000hp now.

The noise it makes it really unusual. At idle, it has an offbeat hum a bit like a Deisel (without the rattling) open up the throttle though and it sounds brutal.

I would definately recommend one.

If you want one, all the best ones come up for sale here:

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/

Almost all the ones that appear on Pistonheads appear here too, and members are generally familiar with many of the cars that come up for sale. Ideally you want a budget of around £5k, and be looking for a 1995 or 1996 ABY (ABY means its the more powerful car with the 6 speed box) and you can get them in either a coupe or an estate. Avoid 1993/1994 ABYs as they have a weaker 1st gear.

• 4 months later...
How did the carpet and leather restos turn out?

The interior is still ongoing. I managed to get a full grey leather interior (seats and door cards) for £100 recently :) they're heated and come with the switches.

My plan now, is to get a carpet from a local breakers (they have one in, just waiting for the car to be broken), pull the cream leather out, swap the carpet and then put the grey leather in. I'll then refurbish the cream leather. At that point, I need to decide which interior is going into my mk1 Golf GTi :)

I've also managed to get some electric opening rear windows :cool:

I changed a turbo manifold on one of those a bit ago, it went very well, I bet if you got some weight out of one they'd be a hoot.

Easier said than done :D I'm currently adding more weight to mine.

The engines, gearboxes etc drop straight into the ur Quattro shell though, and this combination is considered something of a 'Holy grail' in Audi UR circles, being lighter and having more steering feel.

Mines a daily driver, and is something of jack of all trades. What I really want at some point is an estate version running the Audi i5 2.5tdi engine. Relatively simple swap IF you can find all the bits, 200hp+ and 300ft/lbs, an easy 30+mpg too. And they can sound nice.

I've finally found some wheels I want, for the amount I wanted to pay :D

I'll be receiving my RH ZW1s shortly

They need some work, but will be stunning once done. £350 posted for decent split rims with good tyres is money well spent in my book :D