The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My new car :)

j_jza80

I've just sorted the sale out today, collecting during the next week :)

I've bought myself a 1996 Audi S2 coupe :D

For those who aren't aware of these cars, they're rather special and very rare. They're a 2.2 litre, turbocharged I5 engine (similar to the Audi Quattro but more advanced) with a 6 speed 4wd transmission.

Mine is one of the last being a 1996, and is considered low mileage at 130k miles (very few have under 150k)

Plenty of scope for tuning, will take well over 400hp on stock internals. Mine is currently running circa 280hp (a nice step up from my NA Supra :D ) and some rather nice Porsche front brakes.

It's a bit of a project, as the interiors going to need a very thorough clean and there's a few very minor points on the bodywork that need sorting. The audio system also looks a bit of a mess, but nothing I can't sort easily :)

Pics to follow in the next few days.

I like the TT RS a lot, that and the RS3 :cool: much of the Audi range is very dull though :D

True. Since me and missus have the two S-lines I have been looking at the quality of certain cars. The quality of the Supra is so difficult to surpass I have found the Audis a worthy competitor. I reeally fancy an RS4 but reading the Audi forums they seem prone to suspension problems which is one of very few known faults.

A lot of these cars are getting up to decent mileages so faults are bound to show up at some point.

H.

Picking this up tomorrow afternoon :)

Cue some very fun backroad driving tomorrow :D

I've just received £70 worth of product from Furniture Clinic to get the interior looking immaculate.

Can't wait to get cracking on with this now :cool:

Looks very nice! I'd swap them wheels out rather than refurb them :)

I 100% agree. They're OZ wheels (Vela?) and were probably stylish 10 years ago. They've seen better days now though and don't suit the car.

Some BBS LMs would look fantastic, though sadly well above budget. I think I'm going to go for some 17" Audi S4 'avus' wheels:

My S2 needs quite a specific, and unusual, wheel size: 17" 5x112, 7.5j et 30-45.

I can't go smaller than 17" due to my Porsche brembos, and don't want to go bigger for ride and grip.

I got started on her today :)

The interior was quite grubby, so I ripped it all out :D

It was quite a daunting job at first, as I couldn't find any information on how to do it. After a bit of poking around, I realised you only need to remove one nut&bolt to remove each seat!

One very dirty carpet!

A big pile of redundant stereo/amp wiring.

This was only part of what I ripped out! the battery is slowly loosing charge apparently, hopefully this will cure it :)

I refitted the drivers seat so can use the car :)

I've spent a good few hours cleaning the carpet today, and started on the leather restoration. I'll get some pics of it up when it's done.

Removing the interior has also allowed me to inspect the inside of the shell. For a car that's been on British roads for 15 years, I can't believe how solid it is. There's 4 extremely minor prices of surface rust on the whole car!

Just been to inspect the carpet, and there's still a few stains :(

I've hit it with the steam cleaner, various carpet cleaners (foaming and non foaming) and various grade brushes. I could put it back, and it does look much better, but it will always pester me. I think I'm going to dye it black :D the leathers starting to come up well, though I think I'm going to order one of furniture clinics re-colouring kits and really go to town on it.

I want one of the best S2s out there, sod the expense! :D