The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1995 Supra BPU widebody in black £7000 NOW SOLD

QSC

Well, after 7 years of ownership, I think maybe the time has finally come to part company. I drive this so little these days, especially with all the speed bumps where I live (300 miles only between last two MOTs), and this car needs to be enjoyed and appreciated. Three years ago the car was modified by widening the rear end by about 3" each side, and fully resprayed (glass out job), and I had Image Wheels make me a set of split rims at a cost of over two grand. The wheels have just been refurbished by the manufacturers at a cost of £750, with the centres painted matt black, a big improvement in my opinion.

The only real problem with the car is someone has scraped the front bumper a little :mad: see middle pic of 2nd row.

I am the only UK owner, having bought the car from the importers D.McMinn's in Hemel Hempstead in March 2004. The car had 37,405 km (23,242 miles) on it when I got it, and I changed the odo to read in miles. It now reads 55,125, so an accurate total is 40,962.

The tyres (245 / 335 Pirellis) have done no more than 3000 miles from fitting. The car's been well maintained, and I have all the MOTs to verify the mileage. Please feel free to ask any questions.

MOT is due May 21st 2012 and the car is taxed to end of March 2012 - last few MOT's it's gone straight through with no issues - only thing I've had to change recently is the battery, which has a 3 yr guarantee.

I also have some polished engine bits which I'm happy to throw in, I paid £200 for them but never got round to fitting them.

Exterior :

Brava black respray

Stillen front

Facelift front wings

UK bonnet scoop

Trial rear (blended in)

Clear indicators (front & back) & repeaters

Facelift lights front & rear

Window tints

TRD boot spoiler

In cluster foglight conversion

Custom widened rear wheel arches

Image custom made 9" / 12" x 18" split rims with Pirelli P Zero 245/335 tyres

Engine / Drivetrain :

Greddy FMIC

Double decat

Custom twin outlet S/S exhaust system

UK brakes

Walbro 342 uprated fuel pump

Thor Fuel Cut Defender

Denso iridium sparkplugs

Apexi induction kit

Manual boost controller

Chrome sparkplug & radiator covers

Lowered front springs

New battery with Halfords guarantee

Interior :

Thor stainless steel dials

Blue LED dash & heater lighting

Full set of UK spec leather seats - no vinyl thankyou

Pioneer stereo head unit, Pioneer 350W + 480W amps, 6 upgraded speakers, 12 disc CD changer plus JVC powered

8" sub & 2 x 12" TSW304 600W Pioneer subs

Momo Jet steering wheel

Genuine black carpets

Road Angel GPS system

Dash refurb with chrome surrounds

Replacement auto gear lever and handbrake cover

Nice comments chaps - but no-one interested yet ?

The car looks stunning based on the bodywork alone, but if I'm honest with you I think you should give it a hoover out including the boot plus give the engine bay a clean as well.

I'm not sure how other people judge when looking to buy a car but I'd expect your pride and joy should be as clean inside and under the bonnet as the rest of it. Reckon do this upload some new pics and you'll get more interest.

Good luck with the sale by the way.

When it states, "custom widened arches", what was actually involved in the process?

Where the stock quaters chopped, or were fibreglass ones fitted over the top?

The stock quarters were chopped, and new steel ones made and welded on - a very tidy job I think.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Does anyone know anything about selling a car to Europe ? I have someone interested who says he needs the chassis number of the car in order to "make an import policy in Sweden so that I get to drive home the car and without the police can impound the car" - does this seem a normal request ?

Guest horny_devil

QSC.......they do need chassis number to get insurance done in europe. They will also ask you to make sure that the chassis number on the logbook is exactly same as the on on the car! sometimes the dvla boffins (tongue in cheek) put it down as J2A80 rather than JZA80 which causes problems in europe for some reason!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.