The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Can't unlock door from driversside?

seba

Hello guys i'm about to buy a supra tomorrow in UK. Now the owner told me a small problem the car has is that he can only unlock it from the passengersside. He can put the key in the driversside obviously but when he turns the key nothing happens. When he opens the car from the passengersside the driversside does open as it has the central locking mechanism.

I'm just wondering would this be a difficult or expensive thing to repair/replace?

Anyone had this problem?

Thx

Mine had something similar when i bought mine (the owner didnt tell me about it though) And, seriously it was the key being worn down!! I was quite thankful as it cost a fiver to get a decent one cut and it has worked fine since!

On a couple of occassions i've seen full lock sets (doors & ignition) for sale second hand for approx £80

can you insure it without one or sleep at night ??

I don't know what the thing is with insurance in UK. You are telling me it's harder to insure a supra if it doesn't have an alarm? For a 2000£-6000£ stock car?

Mine had something similar when i bought mine (the owner didnt tell me about it though) And, seriously it was the key being worn down!! I was quite thankful as it cost a fiver to get a decent one cut and it has worked fine since!

On a couple of occassions i've seen full lock sets (doors & ignition) for sale second hand for approx £80

Thx for the info, will try to make a new key first then ;)

If anyone else has another solution?