The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Single Turbo Uk Manual 6speed 562Bhp

Marty

I've been thinking about doing this for a while as i hardly use the car, and i've finally decided to go ahead and sell it.

I've had this car over 7years now, since 2004. It was completely standard when i bought it, i put the usual things on it, boost gauge, exhaust and boost controller, but when the turbo seals started passing i decided to put a single turbo on it.

The work was done by Michel lane and was no expense spared, i'd seen a few single turbo cars give up because of a few cheap parts etc on it, so didn't want to go down the same route. I wouldn't like to think the amount it cost me, but in the region of £15k i'd imagine, probably more.

Once the build was finished the car was mapped to the wastegate spring boost, 1.1bar, as the engine was still running in, it made 562bhp, 498 at the wheels, at only 1.1bar. The car is still running this boost as i was happy with the power, and it isn't mapped for more, the turbo isn't efficient until 1.4bar> so i'm very confidant that with a new map up to 1.8bar it will easily make 700bhp+.

Since having the build done i've not done a great deal of miles, around 5000, most them are motorway miles as i was using the car to commute to work down the m56 everyday, i stopped using it for work when i changed my job and the commute was only 3miles, so the car hasn't been used a great deal since as i have a run around, and when it has been used, it's had an easy life :)

It had a full respray last year, and has only done about 400miles since so the paint is like new, except for a few parts around the window seals that aren't perfect, i also refurbished the turbo last year(£600), so they turbo has only done 400miles too.

Problems i've had with it since the build.. I snapped a plug in the block whilst changing the plugs, was a nightmare to remove but done professionally. When i first got it back the engine temps were all over the place, and would leak coolant out the expansion, turned out to be the wrong rad cap fitted, again, sorted. Also a coilpack failed. So nothing major.

The only problem with it now is the fuel gauge, since putting shiny dials in it the gauge doesn't work :( i'm not sure whether i've damaged the mechanism whilst fitting the needle back, but i'll take it apart and see if i can fix it before the sale, its never really been an issue for me as i keep it filled and refill it when the red light comes on.

Here's the spec...

Engine Specifications:

Re-Built Uk Spec Engine With Brand New Parts...

Honed / Machined Block

Wisco Forged Pistons .20 over

Eagle H-beam rods

Clevite Bearings

Kevlar Timing belt

ARP bolts

ARP head bolts

Brand New Oil Pump

Hks 264 Cams,

2mm Greddy Headgasket,

Mocal Oil Cooler

Power Steering Cooler,

Relocated Oil Filter,

Polishing 'Here and there',

Brand New Valve Stems,

Koyo Radiator,

Turbocharger & Induction:

Sound Performance T67 Turbo (850bhp capable) (SPSSGT850W model)

SP Manifold

HKS 50mm External Wastegate

Apexi Filter

Custom Intake

Custom Screamer Pipe

Greddy Type RS Bov

Phr Heat Coated Downpipe And Midpipe

Heat Coated Intercooler Pipes,

Greddy 3 Row Intercooler.

Fuel, Tuning & ECU:

Aem Ecu

Twin Pumps

-10an Fuel Lines,

Aeromotive Fuel Filter,

Hks Rail

Delphi 850cc's

Aeromotive Fpr

Hks DLI

Ngk Platium's

Exhaust:

Phr 3" Down and Mid Pipe.

4" Trd Style Stainless System

Drivetrain:

Rps 6 Puck Clutch With Rps Pressure Plate, Standard flywheel.

Suspension, Wheels, Tyres & Brakes:

Gab Adjustable Coilovers

18" Works VX-XX Alloys Wheels with Conti tyres (245 front, 285Rear)

Uk Brakes (obviously)

Dba Gold Drilled And Grooved Front Discs,

Hawk Fast Road Pads

Brand New Discs And Pads On The Rear when build done.

Interior & ICE:

Retrimmed Cream Leather,

Carpet Dyed Black

Greddy Boost Gauge,

AEM Wideband Gauge,

Cd player

Shiny Dials,

Flocked Dash,

Exterior:

Standard looks.

Active Spolier (Set to Down Position)

Facelift Front Indicators

Clear Side Indicators

Here is a link to my build thread...

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?108678-Another-single-turbo-project-thread

I did have some jade-r's on the car, which looked lovely, but i changed them to works-xx alloys, these wheels are £2k without tyres, tyres are all in good condition, about 4-5mm left all around. The wheels are currently gold, and i think they look great, but i prefer the balck red combination like my old wheels, so they are in the process of being professionally redone matt black.

The clutch is also resonably new, i bought it second hand, its done 100miles on my car, and

It has a private plate valued at £1600 which will go with the car.

It has no tax, and mot runs out the end of this month, but i will put a new ticket on it, and tax if the buyer is from the uk.

It has a toad cat 1 alarm, with certificate, as well as a separate cat 2 immobiliser. It is fully hpi clear, the only thing on the database is the plate change, which was done when the car was first purchased, september 1st 1994.

The car isn't ready to go yet, the wheels are off the car and being sprayed and i need to get new headlights for it as mine are a bit ropey, so it will be ready for the end of the month / start of august.

Mileage on the car is 144,000, which i appreciate is a lot, and may put some people off, but i see as no issue what so ever, as there is very little left on the car which has done these miles, even the underside of the car has been undersealed every few years, and the engine rebuild etc was done at 139,000.

Price wise, i'm unsure, with it being a uk spec manual its more desirable and will hold its value better because of rarity.

I think £16,000 is fair considering the spec, condition etc.

I'm going to add a lot of pictures, as i am having lots of interest from abroad, so it is only fair they see as much as the car as possible before making the long journey to view it in the flesh, i'll add some more pictures of the engine bay and interior over the weekend as it is raining here now.

DEPOSIT TAKEN.

NOW SOLD AND GONE TO FRANCE TODAY :(

I really hope Yannick has as many great years with her as i have.

• 4 weeks later...
thats one nice looking UK spec, looks so much better without the dildos :)

Thanks Imi :thumbs:

It really does look great in the flesh, agree with you with the dildos, even though i didn't think they looked too bad :) The jap bumper suits it much better :)

glwts mate, thats a stunner and alot of car for the money, The miles wouldnt put most people off as long as you have shed loads of paperwork and reciepts for maintenance etc.

Thanks mate, i've got a bit of interest in it, from abroad mostly. I hope the miles isn't an issue, as there is very little left on the car which hasn't been changed / uprated / refurbished, most importantly of which the engine, which is more or less new :) It had done 113k when i bought it, 2owners, one who'd only had it a month as he found the insurance too high, had a full service history until i bought it, i did all the servicing etc once i had it, oil changed every 3k miles, only run silkolene pro s fully synth 10w-50 since the conversion, and its had 3oil changes since too. I've also got the engine build receipts, hpi certificate etc.

Nice car :thumbs:

Thanks Stonkin :) appreciate the comment, hope you've managed to sort your car now, lovely motor that :thumbs:.

gorgeous car a reall stunner

Thanks buddy :thumbs: Although i think you're a little biased ;) your car is a stunner too, reminds me of mine when i bought it.

Really nice stance and very clean looking. GLWS.

Thanks matey :) Stance is prefect i think, if not a tad low as it can be challenging to avoid catching the front splitter sometimes (it has no scrapes on it etc though), i may raise it a little before the sale.

Few engine bay and interior pics to come....

I've dropped the price, because i've removed the dvd player and haven't put brand new lights in. It now has very nice condition jap spec lights fitted, and an alpine cd player (ipod compatible) fitted now instead.

:cool: lovely car that.

Thanks mate :thumbs:

Very good price for this IMO. Especially seems the cream leather seats used to be mine :-)

Good luck with the sale Marty.

Cheers Hodge, the seats are still the ones off you, best part of the car ;)

Looking forward to some pics of the interior.

Voila .. :)

Also added to first post

Few more to come when it stops raining...

Corr that's a stunner! :cool:

GLWS.

Thanks buddy :) Appreciate the comment :thumbs:

Engine bay pictures here, it started raining just as i cracked the camera out, so i'll take some better ones if the sun decides to make an appearance, these ones have come out a bit dull..

I appreciate it looks cluttered and not as 'minimal' as most of the single engine bays now a days, but i've never been one to go firing the bonnet open on every opportunity so the minimal was never an interest to me.

There is no clamp on the battery as it has been on charge, plus the expasion bottle isn't sitting right as i was fiddling with the hid ballasts.

I'll probably put better ones up tomorrow. The camera, even though a 12Meg, doesn't do it justice, its absolutely stunning in the flesh, and the engine bay looks the part.

At that price i think you are aloud a 'little' clutter, i am a quite supreised it hasnt been snapped up and off to europe already.

Me too mate, my pistonheads advert has expired though so needs re-doing, although i have had a reasonable amount of interest.

I've a french guy who wants it off me, but i have to wait until the 28th September before he can come across and he wants me to save it for him until then, as he doesn't want to be let down if he buy the air ticket then i sell it in the meantime. Puts me in a awkward situation, as i'd really like it gone before then, think i should ask for a deposit or something?

It gives me time to sell the plate i guess, as he won't be needing that and it's worth a few hundred notes to the right person.

Me too mate, my pistonheads advert has expired though so needs re-doing, although i have had a reasonable amount of interest.

I've a french guy who wants it off me, but i have to wait until the 28th September before he can come across and he wants me to save it for him until then, as he doesn't want to be let down if he buy the air ticket then i sell it in the meantime. Puts me in a awkward situation, as i'd really like it gone before then, think i should ask for a deposit or something?

It gives me time to sell the plate i guess, as he won't be needing that and it's worth a few hundred notes to the right person.

why dont you ask him to pay a holding deposit, 250/500

imi

He can't really ask you to hold the car for that long period of time without putting some form of deposit down, I'm sure if he does really want it he will be more than happy to! ;)

If he was asking you to get keep for a few days then I could understand maybe not giving a deposit but it's 4 weeks in which it could be sold.

why dont you ask him to pay a holding deposit, 250/500

imi

This is a good deposit to ask for.

Great car by the way!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.