The mkiv Supra Owners Club

theres a snake in my bedroom what am i gonna do.

gavin.starr

I just got settled into a game of cod on the xbox.

When i saw something moving out of the corner of my eye. Initially i thought nothing of it at first glance, and then it took about 30seconds to sink in, and what the hell comes squirming out of the airing cupboard a 3foot long corn snake.

Needless to say I shat my self. Im not particularly a snake person so it really made me jump. The worst thing was we didnt know where it came from (apart from out of the airing cupboard)

We currently live in a terrace so it could have travelled the entire loft space and come down in our house.

We called the 24 hour rspca number to see what they could do about it (jack sh1t apparently until the next day) Luckily we had a spare plastic storage container that we managed to get it into, so now i have a snake to look after until the morning.

If any one could shed some light on to how to keep it comfortable tonight, as its now just in an empty plastic container with lid. its not a tight lid so there is plenty of air getting in.

Any help would be great.

Gav

Weird one that mate iv got snakes and had em for ages just get a desk lamp and use it as a improvised heat source make sure the lid is secure as they are escape artists I'd put a few pencil sized holes in the top just so it can breath and get a small flat water container as they will need water depending how long its been out of a heat source may be dehydrated any thing else mate just ask

If I was closer I would have adopted it.

I've kept various reptiles for years.

Currently have a Sudan Plated Lizard and a Bearded Dragon.

Cornsnakes are docile and ideal beginners snakes. I managed 2 breed 2 clutches of babies from the snakes I had several years ago.

We put leters throug all of the neighbours letterboxes but no reply as of yet.

An rspca officer came and collected it this morning, he said it was a very well looked after snake. It was very tame too, he used his gloves to start and ended up not needing them.

So by the looks of it some one has lost a very dear pet. I hope some one comes forward soon otherwise it may be re-homed. It actually grew on me but the missus wouldn't let me keep dead mice in the freezer.

Gav

Didn't you get any pictures of the snake?

I had a snake in my garden once (think it was a corn snake too), while I was on the phone to the local animal place as I live behind a farm my cat (Simba) decided that the orange on the snake and the orange on his own coat were conflicting and decided to have a dice with death and ended up killing it. Anyway did the round with the neighbours and the local farm pet place and looks like it either belonged to no one or was a very very long way from home.