The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1997 Supra RZ-S TT VVTi Tiptronic

spartan

This is probably going to be a poor advert because I really don't want to sell my car but if someone offers me the asking price then I guess it's goodbye ... :cry:

I bought the car back in 2008 from another member who had owned it since it was first imported in 2004. Since then, I've spent most of my Supra time titivating it (oo-er) and not much time driving it (less than 86,400 miles now on the clock) which is why it's becoming increasingly hard to justify keeping it. It's still not quite perfect but I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.

Cam-belt was changed at the first service after I bought it. Last summer it was given a full mechanical going-over by Chris Wilson, including (but not limited to) test of VVTi system (A-OK), valve clearance check & adjust (new/reground shims where required), CW front de-cat., uprated fuel pump (Denso = silent) and brake overhaul (new discs & pads).

Other new items I've fitted recently (that I can remember): Toyota OEM Oxygen sensor, Iridium plugs, Toyota OEM tailgate struts (new, not refurbished), rear anti-roll bar, bushes and drop-links. There's more details of what's been done to the car on my garage page (link in signature).

The car was serviced earlier this year and, for the MOT (just done in June - no advisories), I fitted new Conti. Sport Contact 3 tyres to the rear that have covered less than 20 miles; the front tyres match but have about 4mm tread.

Taxed until end of March 2012.

Log book, Toyota keys (including spare & valet key) and two remote fobs for Thatcham Cat. 1 alarm (with VSIB certificate) all present & correct.

In short, the car is completely ready to be driven and enjoyed with nothing to be done, no maintenance costs until service/MOT next year.

Private plate (R50UFO - "Ah-So UFO !" :) ) included in the sale. I also have a load of spares & extras that the purchaser will be given first refusal on.

Please contact me via PM initially if you have any questions or require any further info.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]135543[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]135544[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]135545[/ATTACH]

Link to more pictures

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Funny that I've a good idea who it is too :D :D

A really big thank you to David and his family who welcomed us into his home and couldn't have been more helpful.

It is experiences like this that make this club the great place it is, he was so honest and knowledgable about the car and we couldn't hope to find a nicer car.

We'll take good care of it David ;)

Thanks again

Ste

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.