The mkiv Supra Owners Club

93 Jspec HKS Single Turbo Supra (blue)

jase_93tt

Hi all

Firstly, this ad is purely to gauge interest. So, onto the details - Ill try not to waffle on tho!

I personally imported the car back in 2005, through my own contacts based in Osaka, Japan. The car was completely factory standard Twin Turbo Auto in silver, with a genuine 60K miles on the clock. Before being shipped to the UK, the car received a cam belt change at my request. The car hasnt been used as a daily driver - more of a weekend toy, thus has only covered around 20K miles in the past 6 years.

I purchased the car with the intention of modifying to BPU levels and beyond (but nothing too extreme!). Its fair to say, Ive almost achieved what I set out to do, if not without considerable expense, dedication and commitment. For the first year of ownership, I did the usual cost-effective engine mods to BPU level. Then, from the 2nd year onwards, I slowly but surely, changed various components throughout for higher performance or visual appeal. Hell, I even changed some mods again and again until I found what I was looking for (!). During the 2nd year of ownership, the car had a professional re-spray in a custom blue colour (similar to subaru blue). The car has been in its current modification state for the past 3 years.

Onto the spec list (most of the mods sourced via my own contacts in Japan, rest sourced from various suppliers within the supra communities):

Exterior:

Genuine Wurz FRP vented bonnet with blue anodised fastening pins

Genuine Toyota side skirts

Genuine Veilside rear bumper splitters

Genuine CWest front lip spoiler (fastens to original toyota bumper section)

Genuine Ganador electric aero mirrors

Genuine Trial rear wing with carbon fibre section (this wing replaced an original C-West GT Wing that I had fitted during the 1st year of ownership)

Custom FRP headlight eyeliners

Genuine Regulus FRP side window vents

Racing Hart CP-S10 18inch alloys in gold/bronze colour

Late spec Toyota rear light clusters

Clear front side repeaters

PIAA windscreen wipers

Xenon headlight bulbs

Full respray in custom blue

Handling:

D-SP coilovers

TRD bushes all round

Cusco front and rear stabiliser bars

Greddy front strut bar

RS*R rear strut bar

uprated rear suspension arms (custom brand from Japan)

Brakes:

Apexi GT front slotted rotors with Apexi bell housing

Acre fighter kevlar brake pads all round

Goodridge stainless brake lines all round

Engine:

Greddy 3-row Intercooler

Cusco radiator cooling panel

Mocal transmission cooler kit

Power Enterprise Double Row Radiator

Walbro 255 fuel pump

Customised HKS superdragger system (removed baffles)

Custom polished power steering cap cover

Custom painted cam cover

Custom polished battery cover

Chrome radiator clamps

Chrome Battery clamp

Chrome Power steering reservoir

Custom polished cam cover side tanks

Braided Top hose with anodised fittings

Greddy radiator cooling panel

Power enterprise radiator cap

TRD oil filler cap

Thor FCD

Japanese modified HKS T54 series Single Turbo

HKS racing wastegate

HKS tubular manifold

HKS downpipe

Open screamer pipe

HKS superpower flow air intake filter

Apexi Neo S-AFC air/fuel Controller

HKS Racing blow off valve

Sard Oil catch tank

Sard Fuel Rail

Low-Impedance Greddy 720cc Injectors with Toyota Resistor Pack

Aeromotive Fuel Pressure Regulator

Blue Silicone engine hosing

Greddy aluminium pulleys

Greddy Timing belt

Greddy Surge Tank with Q45 TB, relocated battery

HKS 264 inlet and exhaust cams

Greddy adjustable cam pulleys

3200rpm Hi-stall torque convertor

Interior:

Sony MP3 head unit

JBL GTO427 4" door speakers

JBL GTO6527 6.5" rear speakers

Blitz triple meter holder

Omori oil temp meter

Omori oil pressure meter

Omori water temp meter

Omori boost meter

Blitz Powermeter SJ

Greddy Profec B2 boost controller

Blitz DC turbo timer

Momo race steering wheel

Rapfix Quick Release steering wheel boss

Custom silver dash effect

Custom polished door kick plates

Levoc polished gear lever

TRD Petrol cap

Isotta Leather handbrake gaiter and chrome handle

Corbeau Sprint racing seats and adjustable frames

Factory fitted grey carpet and rear leather seats (not a mod, but thought Id mention it just in case some people think the cars been stripped out etc)

Im in no way a car audio fanatic, so it dosnt have mega- bass this, or sub-woofer that. Just a small removeable MP3 head unit. Besides, the car engine produces sounds far better than any audio track :)

More importantly, I have a strict rule to never do cheap replica aero kits. All FRP mods on my car are the real deal sourced direct from manufacturer in Japan, the expensive route perhaps, but better to have total peace of mind knowing fitment is spot-on, producing a much better finish.

Condition:

Good condition for the year (it is after all, coming up to 18 years old). Ive ensured the car has been serviced regularly by local garage every 6 months (oil and filter change - this is all its needed in 6 years).

Cosmetically, the car is fine and the paintwork continues to dazzle with a nice shine when polished. 3 of the Racing Hart rims are blemish free, just the 1 wheel which has very minor scuffing on the rim.

Cosmetic attention is required in the following areas, but certainly nothing major at all:

1) front lower Trial lip spoiler requires some minor attention in a small area (its not broken, just needs some painting work)

2) front number plate needs replacing as it has cracks on it.

3) the engine bay is particularly clean overall, however, some of the polished accessories like the radiator clamps could do with tartening up as the polished effect has deteriorated over the years.

4) small light surface scratches in a couple of areas (both passenger and drivers side doors and rear quarter have some light scratching where the car has been parked up and people have ignorantly scratched the car in passing), and the drivers side door edge needs some touching up in a small area where the door was opened by a garage mechanic and touched a nearby wall.

5) Couple of holes on the drivers side a-pillar where I had temporarily fitted a greddy dual 60mm apillar panel.

6) Small hole top-center of dash where the Japanese owner had a dash-mounted DVD screen fitted (the device was removed before export from Japan), however, the hole isnt visible when driving due to the Border Racing Triple Meter holder being close-by.

7) Front headlights could do with refurbing as the lens has that slightly fogged look.

As it stands, the car is an un-finished project which I originally had every intention of completing. For years the car has purred like a big cat, provided so much fun to drive. But recently, the ecu has started to report error code 31. Due to change of circumstances, I no longer have the time nor inclination to see the project through to completion. Its declared off-road (SORN), thus has no tax or MOT - I havnt used the car in quite a few months.

Its also important to note that the car has never been involved in any driving accident or raced (yes, people do fit big turbos to cars and not race them!).

Due to never changing the auto box itself (only changed this hi-stall convertor to match the single turbo), Ive kept boost levels low (around 1.2 bar or 18psi), sometimes even lower to 1bar. The car has never had boost raised beyond 1.2 bar. Tyres have good tread all-round. Brake discs/pads are fine and dont need replacing.

Ive provided some pics of the car, showing how it was 5-6 years ago in silver, lightly modded form, and after the colour change/various modding over the years. As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words (even tho I feel Ive written that many words already LOL). As soon as I get the chance to, I will take some up-to-date pics to show the scratches more clearly.

I suppose, like any modified supra, it will take a special enthusiast to appreciate the work done to the car and also whats needed to put it back on course.

PM me if interested. Im not asking mega bucks for the car, but open to sensible offers based on the cosmetic/mechanical work required. As mentioned at the start, this is the first advert for the car, to gauge interest levels, I may decide to advertise it on piston heads etc at a later date. Strictly no part exchanges.

Oh, by the way, timewasters will be shot, and any survivors will be shot again :)

Thanks for your time.

Asking Price £6,750 ovno.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Mike, good to see you are still on the scene, hope you are well.

Yeah, after 6 years, time to move on to pastures new within the car scene, albeit Ive no idea what!

Welshbuddy - last time I had a power reading from the car, I recall it was circa 320 rwhp, but I cant remember the exact spec it was wat the time, its going back a few years when it was done. At a guess, it was pre-single turbo spec.

and yeah, its a bargain to anyone wanting a supra project :)

• 4 weeks later...

Just an update to this advert. New pictures taken to show all exterior cosmetic work required. Most is only light scratching in a couple of areas (no indentations). Main work is on front lower lip spoiler, but even this is only surface repair, structure (FRP) is fine.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]137221[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]137222[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]137223[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]137224[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]137225[/ATTACH]

Also, technically, we seemed to have found removing the TRL FCD has improved the running of the car. But before I get too excited over this news, Im going to wait until the cars been tested on the dyno and have the garage confirm the error code has now been fixed.

• 2 weeks later...

Here are some up-to-date pictures of the car. Also, a worthy point to mention is that the car is now running fine, without any overfuelling. It would appear changing the battery, replacing the coil pack connectors and removing the FCD has corrected its previous problem of mis-fire and overfuelling :)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]137926[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]137927[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]137928[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]137929[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]137930[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]137931[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]137932[/ATTACH]

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.