The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Which supercar would you have and why?

Gaz6002

I honestly don't think I'd buy any, not really a fan of overpriced badges! Would much rather have a highly tuned car over something with a badge any day! Just for when I happen to see something with a badge and take that smirk of there face! :D

Ferrari

cant believe the enzo aint on the list

The reason the Enzo isn't on the list is because this was an actual conversation we were having earlier in the office - the critera was cars you can buy new now and use on the road without too much fuss.

Without a doubt, the Noble, not much in the way of driver aids, you have full control and can actually 'feel' what the car is doing, reasons I wouldn't choose the others:

-Ferrari lost there magic in the 90's, they are now just designed for football players and a bit tacky.

-SLS is just a boat on wheels

-Porches just don't do it for me, not driven a 997 but I was hugely unimpressed by the 996.

-McLaren just doesn't have that spark/presence the F1 did and I would forever be comparing it to the F1.

Without a doubt, the Noble, not much in the way of driver aids, you have full control and can actually 'feel' what the car is doing, reasons I

-McLaren just doesn't have that spark/presence the F1 did and I would forever be comparing it to the F1.

I'd have the McLaren, I reckon. Partly, because it's a company I'd actually want to support, partly because it's the right blend of subtle and special. but if it weren't there, I'd have taken the Noble without a doubt.

Noble, for the reasons given above and I want to leave this planet going backwards, through a hedge, in a ball of fire. As Clarkson would say.

Seriously though, for not a lot ( compared to the purchase prices of these) my Supra could be as fast in a straight line and competitive through the twisty bits.

The Noble offers something different. Danger. That will set the pulse rate higher and make the car more challenging to drive quickly.

Personal choices I guess? Bit like Supra owners really. Some want cosmetically perfect cars, some want huge power, some want circuit prowess and others are just happy to own one no matter what the condition.

I would have also chosen the Noble as that’s the only real proper focused supercar in that list IMO.

The thing is with Supercars is that you want it to feel special.. an event... something out of the ordinary... something which has not been plastered all over the place with all the media hype, a car which people look at and go and say "wow that’s a er... what’s the manufacture of it?" and then get most of the engine spec details wrong.

A supercar should be a proper drivers car where you are almost scared to go out in it.. Ferrari 458 is beautiful to look at but that’s it, its are a Hublot watch, an expensive intricate accessory to add to your collection of cars, The McLaren is a amazing and again beautiful focused supercar but it’s just too refined which takes some of the mentalist out of it. 911's GT cars IMO should not be on the list as these are jumped up sports cars really, yes they have supercar performance but are in fact at the end of the day Sports cars. The SLS AMG well, it’s an interesting car but it looks too much of a GT cruiser not a supercar and has way too much refinement.

Supercars have to be mental, fill you with awe and excitement. Beauty is not the be all and end all, it has to get your adrenaline pumping and it has to be special and it has to be totally focused on the driving experience, not what colour the stitching should be on the steering wheel in order to match your nice electric heated hand built Napa leather seats.

M600 all the way