The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Three things that really annoy you on the road!

cje001

Drivers who cut across junctions & bends on your side of the road and wonder why you are giving them the royal wave and beeping the horn

Those that pull out of junctions infront of you and dont put their foot down, so you have no choice but to slam on the brakes

Generally old people who brake for every person standing on the edge of the road regardless that there is no crossing, they just stop.

Oh and not so much drivers, but teenagers who think they are invincable and step out in the road knowing full well you have to brake to avoid hitting them while they stroll across oblivious how much damage a car could cause them

I have had an impatient man beeping behind me on a junction of a roundabout that was chocker, I intenionally didnt pull across to avoid blocking it, but he carried on beeping so I got out and threw a bottle of water over him, so impatient people who beep annoy me too.

i get annoyed with everyone who thinks that because i drive a Supra i want to race off the lights.

getting very bored with Focus drivers who think they'll win...

It's ever so easy to develop tunnel vision and just pull away more slowly than them though. It always disappoints them and gives me immense pleasure.

So yeah. I should probably get out more. Thing is, I do. I get into a Supra and go for a drive. A young man in Sales pulls up to me at the lights in his company car and he looks across - but I'm employing my tunnel vision look (with peripherals taking it all in) He pulls away, he wins...oh so disappointing. I'm pleased. Very pleased. I should probably get more. So I do. I go for another drive...

Oh and not so much drivers, but teenagers who think they are invincable and step out in the road knowing full well you have to brake to avoid hitting them while they stroll across oblivious how much damage a car could cause them

I get that round here, but I tend to drop it in neutral & rev it so it sounds like I am picking up speed & watch them dash across the road. Best one was when a young man was bowling (you know the plastic gangster walk) across the road & looking at me while he was slowly making his way to his friends who already crossed over to the other side. As I got closer, I just yanked the handbrake (don't worry I was in a new ford focus hire car), the thing squealled so loud & you should have seen the kid run across the road & his friends laugh at him! Not such a big guy after all!

:D

I get that round here, but I tend to drop it in neutral & rev it so it sounds like I am picking up speed & watch them dash across the road. Best one was when a young man was bowling (you know the plastic gangster walk) across the road & looking at me while he was slowly making his way to his friends who already crossed over to the other side. As I got closer, I just yanked the handbrake (don't worry I was in a new ford focus hire car), the thing squealled so loud & you should have seen the kid run across the road & his friends laugh at him! Not such a big guy after all!

anyone notice how kids/teens only cross after the red man appears? I was at a junction and two youths were on the side standing while people crossed during a green man. it turned to the red man and traffic light went green. turds decided to start walking!!! argh !!!

I just brake very very late asumeing it's safe to do so. They soon shift when they realise your not stopping.

My personal best was to make a guy run for the kerb and his shoe came off which then went under the car. For the record I still had plenty of space to stop as I was in town only doing 15mph.or so in traffic.