The mkiv Supra Owners Club

JamieP's Black Beast (update 1132bhp & 840ftlb at hubs)

JamieP

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A mate has just had a recent problem with the release bearing carrier, part of the carrier where the snap ring clips into snapped! Lost the clutch pedal completely! I got a new one with shims etc for around £50 with my discount so not bad at all :)

Picked up another set of WELD drag wheels, came up nice with a good clean, be handy having two sets next year, these ones have BFG drag radials on them so I can use them on the street, will drive to Shakespere on them for the drag meet next week, I wont be going mad next week as ive not had a chance to get back to the dyno to set up the bigger nitrous jets.

I forget just how many tens of kilowatts of radiated heat a big turbine housing creates, but I do know I cringe at some of the attempts at heat shielding I see, especially as brake fluid burns well, servo diaphragms don't like a lot of heat, and brakes are kind of important :) Under bonnet fires never do much to pretty up engine bays, either.

what would you reccomend is the best way to protect the clutch master and surrounding pipes?

Lee also wrapped my down pipe with the DEI titanium heat wrap, he loved the stuff saying its very easy to work with and is now going to stock it, next time my manifold is off i will ask him to wrap that an all.

Picking the car up Thursday evening, im going to try and get back on the dyno next week, Dan has had his dynapack upgraded now to handle more power.

Lee also wrapped my down pipe with the DEI titanium heat wrap, he loved the stuff saying its very easy to work with and is now going to stock it, next time my manifold is off i will ask him to wrap that an all.

Picking the car up Thursday evening, im going to try and get back on the dyno next week, Dan has had his dynapack upgraded now to handle more power.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c338/jamie450x/0a1af625.jpg

Best stuff we've ever used by far.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c338/jamie450x/0a1af625.jpg

ooooooo where can i get this stuff? ive managed to burn a hole in the plastic airbox above my manifold (na)

Ordered a T6 whifbitz manifold today, looking forward to getting my hands on that, Paul's manifolds are seriously good quality, with a 3.4L kit and the right turbo i should be on for some serious power, anyone suggest any T6 divided turbos, the Precision X275 88mm CEA Billet sounds pretty good to me, might be overkill though :D

The search has ended. This is easily the BADDEST 88mm turbo you will ever find!!

Extremely conservative 1600HP rating

This Class Legal turbocharger features the following:

-Exclusive CEA (Competition Engineered Aerodynamics) compressor wheel machined from a 2618-aluminum forging

-Higher efficiency and faster transient response for maximum power and performance

-88mm inducer compressor inducer and a MONSTROUS 142mm exducer

-Large frame compressor cover with ported shroud inlet

-F trim (141mm exducer) or G trim turbine (149mm exducer) wheel

-Turbine housing options:

- F trim available with 1.00 A/R

- G trim available with 1.00, 1.32, or 1.50 A/R

(All housings feature a 5\" V-band discharge)

-Hydrodynamic 360� thrust bearing system

Approved for use in NHRA Unleashed, as well as most X275 series found throughout the country. Please verify rules to check legality of the turbocharger prior to purchasing.

These X275 Drag Radial cars have trapped 155mph in the 1/8th mile!!!

Your a mad man, You only just had the twin gated setup fitted!!! after you told me what you spent on this years build i cant believe your changing already!! In for some pics of the t6 setup, and surely 1500hp+ on pump???

Well this is my thinking, the car is slowly turning into a street legal race car, I figure I may aswell go all out for power now, Im thinking I might treat myself to a R35 GTR next year if work keeps going well, If that works out I dont mind going all out on the Supra if I have a GTR to tear about the streets in.

Well this is my thinking, the car is slowly turning into a street legal race car, I figure I may aswell go all out for power now, Im thinking I might treat myself to a R35 GTR next year if work keeps going well, If that works out I dont mind going all out on the Supra if I have a GTR to tear about the streets in.

im sure thats what jurgen said :p

I think he means you'll just tear around for a bit, then you'll mod it, then you'll mod it some more, etc

No chance, for a start i would not want to mess with the warranty cover if i got one, on top of that having one modded car is enough.

Ordered a T6 whifbitz manifold today, looking forward to getting my hands on that, Paul's manifolds are seriously good quality, with a 3.4L kit and the right turbo i should be on for some serious power, anyone suggest any T6 divided turbos, the Precision X275 88mm CEA Billet sounds pretty good to me, might be overkill though :D

This is insane as it is, it's going to be immense when this is done! Good luck to you with this bud, can't wait to see it at the meets etc.

By the way, I may of missed this but have you had any opportunity to test the parachute??