The mkiv Supra Owners Club

JamieP's Black Beast (update 1132bhp & 840ftlb at hubs)

JamieP

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Found out what was causing the problem with the sticking clutch peddle, me and lee pulled the box out and the bearing carrier (i think thats what its called, part that fits over the main shaft and the fork slides up and down) is really tight on the box, not sure why its happened, could be a build up of crud under it or maybe the heat has warped it, Lee is sorting out a new one.

Good news is my RPS twin plate still looks brand new, no signs of wear at all, i checked all plates with a straight edge and its still perfect, very happy about that, Lee will be getting it back together shortly.

Got a new KEI turbo blanket on the car now.

Also got my new Titanium exhaust from Paul today, looks nicely made and is feather light :)

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

Wont be as loud as the boostlogic, me and Lee did the shout down exhaust test on both and the BL will be a lot louder, i might cut it open and pull the baffles out if its to quiet :D

Looking forward to the videos. Glad your clutch is being sorted out at last :)

Looking good Jamie, does this mean you may run at shakespeare or are you leaving it now for the rest of the year.

Yeah i will be there on the 15th, not in full drag mode though, just a pair of BFG drag radials so wont be going mad.

DEI turbo blanket is a very nice bit of kit -

Did you buy it direct from the states Jamie!?

I got it from whifbitz, i also bought some wrap made from the same stuff for the downpipe.

http://whifbitzperformancetuning.co.uk/toyota-supra-supra-turbo-upgrades-turbo-accessories-dei-p-3876.html

why did you opt for the Turbo Blanket bud? Temps high?

That Exhaust looks sexy as fook. :D

First off i cooked the master cylinder, then i cooked one of the wastgate feeds, blanket was a must for me.

I got it from whifbitz, i also bought some wrap made from the same stuff for the downpipe.

First off i cooked the master cylinder, then i cooked one of the wastgate feeds, blanket was a must for me.

Crikey must be some heat generated to roast that little lot, was that at pod bud?

yummy! i see what you mean on the back box mate. Them DEI turbo blankets are sexy

You find a turbo blanket sexy, weirdo!

Exhaust looks nice though JP. Not likin. The turbo blanket in the bay though spoils it IMO but it is there to do a job.

I forget just how many tens of kilowatts of radiated heat a big turbine housing creates, but I do know I cringe at some of the attempts at heat shielding I see, especially as brake fluid burns well, servo diaphragms don't like a lot of heat, and brakes are kind of important :) Under bonnet fires never do much to pretty up engine bays, either.