The mkiv Supra Owners Club

JamieP's Black Beast (update 1132bhp & 840ftlb at hubs)

JamieP

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

are cool well i hope you do well mate what sort of compaction will you have in your class ? if any as you must be one of the highest bhp in your class .

I will be in the street class, the competition is tough, few 9 second cars in there.

http://www.japdragseries.co.uk/2011racers.php

Ah ok, how much difference do you think the hks drags and no ARB will affect you time ?

I think the car has a low 9 in it when i get my 60fts sorted.

Cheers guys,

Went over to Andy Robinson Race Cars this morning with the Supra, the car is booked in for a full new cage, i went a slightly different route to the norm, Andy is doing me a cage that will come tagged and passed for 8.5 but also will pass time attack specs, its a bigger tube than normal.

good luck fella, even your 10.1 puts you right up there in class and its a 9 second car without a doubt

10.3 was cut off at rotorstock, pretty much every skyline will be well in the 9's next year, as soon as JP gets his setup he will be there with em but reliability and consistancy is the key to the championship, I can see JP getting hooked and wanting more.......................... another supra in the pro class maybe !!!!!

I can see JP getting hooked and wanting more.......................... another supra in the pro class maybe !!!!!

Although i love watching others do it, its not my thing mate, i like the street car side of the car to much, besides that i dont have the money to go that serious, other things in life i want more.

• 2 weeks later...
You got some good competition in that class, but as Fitz said if you get a good 60ft I think you will without a doubt be the quickest.

To be the quickest next year you will have to be well into the early 9's. Most cars there have started hitting the 9's this year and are only going to get faster over the winter season. Or if you can run consistant early 10's with out breaking and attend every meeting you can still win it.

Cheers guys, the car is going back into SRD tomorrow, Lee is going to pull the gearbox out to inspect the clutch/box, still having clutch problems, ive ordered a new RPS carbon triple to go in the car an all, i doubt i will get another crack at a 9 this year, Got some plans for next year though, hope to have another couple of hundred bhp to be running with.:eyebrows:

To be the quickest next year you will have to be well into the early 9's. Most cars there have started hitting the 9's this year and are only going to get faster over the winter season. Or if you can run consistant early 10's with out breaking and attend every meeting you can still win it.

Im doing it for myself mate, dont give two hoots what anyone else runs, just want to get a 9 under the cars belt and i will move on to something else, mile events most likely.

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

Cheers guys, the car is going back into SRD tomorrow, Lee is going to pull the gearbox out to inspect the clutch/box, still having clutch problems, ive ordered a new RPS carbon triple to go in the car an all, i doubt i will get another crack at a 9 this year, Got some plans for next year though, hope to have another couple of hundred bhp to be running with.:eyebrows:

Im doing it for myself mate, dont give two hoots what anyone else runs, just want to get a 9 under the cars belt and i will move on to something else, mile events most likely.

I don't think there were any mile events this year JP, you not doing the HKS series now then ???? There are only 2 classes next year Fac Mod is being lumped in with Pro and given a head start, I can see a street class car running 8's next year.

Yeah im going to do the hks series till i get a time im happy with dude.

Im hopeful there will be some mile events still running in the uk, i mised out on a good one this year, i dont mind a europe trip either, cold be fun, also want to do gatebil one of these years.

Yeah im going to do the hks series till i get a time im happy with dude.

Im hopeful there will be some mile events still running in the uk, i mised out on a good one this year, i dont mind a europe trip either, cold be fun, also want to do gatebil one of these years.

Camper roadtrip then !!!!