The mkiv Supra Owners Club

JamieP's Black Beast (update 1132bhp & 840ftlb at hubs)

JamieP

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers guys, the body will pretty much stay as it is, just spraying the front wings again and the underside of the bonnet over winter if baldy can fit me in.

Car looks beautiful, as usual, Jamie. Where have you attached the front tow hook?

Bolts to the front chasis rail.

Engine bay looks sweet.....

Is the chute legal in the UK?

How is it deployed?

Chute should be fine, had a traffic cop follow me for about 5 mile round the M25 on the way home, after a while he went past me with a thumb in the air and a big grin on his face :D

Lever in the car to deploy chute, padlock on the chute so it cant be deployed by accident.

Chute should be fine, had a traffic cop follow me for about 5 mile round the M25 on the way home, after a while he went past me with a thumb in the air and a big grin on his face :D

Lever in the car to deploy chute, padlock on the chute so it cant be deployed by accident.

Cool man..Nice copper that..

Can imagine the chaos if that chute got deployed at the traffic lights!! :D

Gonna have to do some chute testing soon on my private drag strip:innocent:

Going over to see Andy Robinson tomorrow to see what my options are with regarding a 8.5 tagged cage.

In for the video :eyebrows:

Your Supra just gets meaner and meaner.

Are you painting over the exposed carbon fibre on the front wings then?

That looks awesome. The smart money says you have everything trying to goad you into a run now lol.

Next week with any luck mate.

In for the video :eyebrows:

Your Supra just gets meaner and meaner.

Are you painting over the exposed carbon fibre on the front wings then?

Cheers Josh, yeah bored of the carbon now.

With the bonnet getting sprayed on the underside, is the paint cracking due to the heat? Is it worth getting reflective heat protection under there? Don't think it would look as pretty though :)

I just want it sprayed so it looks nice, on stock bonnets the factory dont finish the underside.

ill always fit extra work in,thats why i dont have a social life these days:(

Nice one mate.

I didn't think you could improve on perfection but you prove me wrong every time. What benefits will there be running the 'chute ?

Thank you, Anything over a 150mph terminal in the 1/4 and i have to run a chute or i will get kicked off the track.

Are you going to run stabilizers at the back when you unbolt the ARB?

Not sure if you are taking the piss or not? ARB bar was removed in the end as it weighs a ton, car feels no different to me on the street, ive not pushed it in the bends yet though.

Not sure if you are taking the piss or not? ARB bar was removed in the end as it weighs a ton, car feels no different to me on the street, ive not pushed it in the bends yet though.

No not at all was just referring to this statement you made

unbolting the ARB lets the front lift up when you hit it off the line.

looking nice but not so long ago you were not into drag racing Jamie now your bang on it what changed ? i thought you were more a track day guy , seems a waste of your driving skills just going down the strip. or are you just going for your 9 sec then retiring lol.

I like a bit of everything matt, ive always liked drag racing, i wanna see what sort of time i can get from my setup and going in the hks series is a no brainer, no queing up with the chavs etc, then the year after i will most likely set it up for trackdays, year after that maybe a bit of drifting, just want to enjoy the car.