The mkiv Supra Owners Club

JamieP's Black Beast (update 1132bhp & 840ftlb at hubs)

JamieP

Sorry Chris no idea on the tein spring rates, i had hoped i could get away with leaving them as they are as i didnt want to mess about changing coilovers each time i go drag racing.

Is the HKS Drags ive bought something you could check over and repair if needed? they look fine and all rings move free.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to here: http://www.boostcruising.com/forums/lofiversion/index.php/t203461.html

Tein Flex have all got the same spring rates, which sounds very off, but 6Kg/mm is 336 lbs/ins, a unit I prefer to work in, and which is not all that stiff...

Mine may have had it, they are about 7 years old and i could not get the adjusters to work yesterday.

I can have my pal stick them on his shock dyno, and see if they are working OK, and I can re gas them for you, probably about £100 all in plus return P&P.

Chris if you look at JP's drag shocks could you make some fronts for me that act the same ????

Chris if you look at JP's drag shocks could you make some fronts for me that act the same ????

Just reading that Bjorck is in the 8's now, he did a 1.3 60ft on a set of KSport Drags, Ksport did a copy of the HKS drag a while back and MVP sell them.

Just reading that Bjorck is in the 8's now, he did a 1.3 60ft on a set of KSport Drags, Ksport did a copy of the HKS drag a while back and MVP sell them.

Possibly, but based on Bilstein cores.

Thanks guys I'll check MVP and have a chat with you Chris.

Just been out, clutch is the same, let it warm up for 20min and the first time i put my foot down the clutch got stuck on the floor betwwen 3rd and 4th gear shift, also looks like my starter motor has had it, played up at suprapod, just took me half an hour of tapping and trying again to get her started, trip to SRD monday me thinks.

Just been out, clutch is the same, let it warm up for 20min and the first time i put my foot down the clutch got stuck on the floor betwwen 3rd and 4th gear shift, also looks like my starter motor has had it, played up at suprapod, just took me half an hour of tapping and trying again to get her started, trip to SRD monday me thinks.

mmmm interesting to see what Lee finds with the Clutch dude? With the starter, you going OEM new? or is there an uprated one that got more omph?

Im not sure it is the starter you know, might have a dodgy earth of something.

I noticed my rev counter and stereo die for a split second every now and then, just looking at ths video and i noticed at about 11 seconds the rev counter dies again, going to have to give everything a good look over to find out whats happening.

Im going to save the log and send it to Ryan to see if he can see a voltage drop or anything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JKw0TfVGow

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)