The mkiv Supra Owners Club

JamieP's Black Beast (update 1132bhp & 840ftlb at hubs)

JamieP

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats cool, I think I need it from 3rd to 4th I need more power can only get 11.5 speed 125 -7 max , I think I will get building the new engine .

If using on boost id map with race fuel such as maxnos to be on the safe side, might do the same myself next year.

you said you want to get a 9 on pump fuel only .

Meaning i dont want to mess about with race fuel unless i have to, im very confident my car has a 9 in its current setup, I just need a decent start, looking to now try some Hoosier QTP's still the 27" i like but an inch wider than the ones i had on today.

Your car didn't seem to squat very much, suggesting quite hard rear springs. I am no expert on drag racing but would have thought much more rear squat and front suspension extension would transfer weight to the rear? It would be very intersting to have some data logs. It would also be intersting to see what a solid centre section (spool) in the diff would do.

What tyre pressure did you run Jamie?

The rears look pretty pumped up. Did you vary from run to run?

Also do they lay down trackbite at Santapod?

They wont glue the track very much for a RWYB as the transmissions and diffs on most road cars just explode on a glued track, saying that Stuart W seemed to hook up fine, he ran a 8.6 @ 158, I drove Mark Newmans car and ran a 11.5 and it launched well but its no where near the power of JP's, you can glue that track as much as you like but after a certain power its chassis set up that will make it hook.

They wont glue the track very much for a RWYB as the transmissions and diffs on most road cars just explode on a glued track, saying that Stuart W seemed to hook up fine, he ran a 8.6 @ 158, I drove Mark Newmans car and ran a 11.5 and it launched well but its no where near the power of JP's, you can glue that track as much as you like but after a certain power its chassis set up that will make it hook.

Ok, cool... Understand...Back home in SA it is a similar situation at the various tracks.. Jamie mentioned he had wheelspin, was wondering if the track had trackbite on it..

What tyre pressures are ideal on such size tyres?

Yeah the tein flex are far to hard, need to get the HKS drags on, just got to check they are in good working order first.

Any idea of the rear spring rates on the Tein Flex dampers? You could also see all sorts of horrible looking suspension bush compliance showing on most big power Supras, the rear wheels were moving about pretty randomly in the arches :)

The way the proper drag Supra launched was totally different, and you can see where proper traction made up lots of time. I assume that would have a live axle, a spool and proper axle location on long links? I didn't see the car in the paddock.

What engine was in that little Misubishi FTO FWD drag car? The one that cried enough already and decanted its innards on the track. Still the Mazda based V6? There's something intrinsically wrong with trying to drag race a FWD car, it must be like trying to climb a ladder upside down.

Stuarts car will be on a 4 link with a diagonal bar and proper drag coilovers with HKS drag fronts and a spool in a 9 " ford axle, ++ its prob 300 kg lighter than JP's car. Jamie will always struggle as he is adamant it is a street car which is why it looks such a handful and is a good job he can actually drive it, with a spool it would be horrible, mine is bad enough with a 2 way

What engine was in that little Misubishi FTO FWD drag car? The one that cried enough already and decanted its innards on the track. Still the Mazda based V6? There's something intrinsically wrong with trying to drag race a FWD car, it must be like trying to climb a ladder upside down.

Quite a fierce 4 pot Mitsubishi Evo engine.

It was the gearbox that decided to let it's inners out.